Friday, July 30, 2010

making good use of my time

I got up this morning feeling a bit tired, but had plenty to do before I got to work at 1. However, I knew that I would not have a very active day overall. I ran out of time to enter my food info online at breakfast. Very glad that I only planned on 3 meals because my breakfast ended up being far over my calories on breakfast, but average on the other two. I thought, well, maybe tonight I will have something small.

Well today at work, I was working with a very active little girl. Unfortunately she was doing a slip n slide, and that wasn't something I was going to be doing, nor was I going to be running around after her at all while she did it. So, here's the first time today that I made a decision that I needed to be "making good use of my time". I had been sitting and reading and watching her. I decided that it was a big back yard, and thought...Jillian would say something like, "seriously, you're going to just sit there when you could be working out?". So, I knew it wouldn't be a huge work out or anything, but walking vs sitting, walking wins everytime. I did a ton of walking and there were some steps, so I even went up and down on the steps and just kept moving! There actually was a point earlier in the day when we were playing inside and I thought that doing my crunches while she played inside near me would be a good idea. Unfortunately, she decided she wanted to go play outside.

After entering all of my food on the bodybugg at about 9:00, it was clear that there would be no additional food tonight and that it was going to take a lot to reach my 1900 deficit goal. I also realized for the second time today that I needed to be "making good use of my time". I had to complete a few things at home before working out, and go take care of some pets. I was not really interested in working out, but I rememebered how I felt last night after I worked out for those few hours, so I just decided to stay at home and do another Wii work out with my ankle weights and weighted gloves. I knew that I didn't want to run because I just wanted to give my knee one more day to heal. Just wasn't up for swimming either. So, that's why I did the Wii work out.

Well, here are the results:
Calories consumed: 1387
calories burned: 3288
Calorie deficit: 1901
I made my deficit, it was close, i can't believe how close!!....but I made it!!

On another note, Losing it with Jillian had the season finale. I'm sure that if I watched on TV, I would have known that, but oh well. Bummer. I will probably watch the reruns of Biggest Loser to keep my focus and to remind me of the important things I need to. I also thought that some of the episodes might have challenges that I could use and adapt to what I am doing!

Tomorrow will be a busy day with a child care job and 3 pet sitting jobs, one of which is overnight! I will get my work out in though. I have also scheduled a racquetball game with my nephew for Saturday morning at 7am! Can't wait!!

Okay, what I learned today is that if you work at home(as a mom/dad), or as a child care provider, that doesn't need to be an excuse for not being active. Usually when the kids are playing by themselves and don't really want adult interaction, I have laundry or other things that need to be done in the house for the family that I am working with. However, if there is a time when I don't have those things to get done or when the child/children want me close by, but not really doing things with them, I can do something to keep my body active. If you have steps in the room, easy choice, but what if you have nothing, no weights, steps, well, jumping jacks, crunches, push ups, lunges. You get the point, right?

That was much longer than planned, but thanks so much for reading!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment