Tuesday, August 30, 2011

85.8 pounds closer to my goal, and not looking fit, even if you are

It has been a busy couple of weeks, but I have managed to move closer to my goal each week, so that is a positive thing. The unfortunate part is that I have not been working out at the gym, so my muscles are not as toned or getting as close to toned as they need to be. Did a big hike with Jaelynn yesterday, and we hiked uphill for an hour and then downhill in 30 minutes, so really no clue the distance that we walked. I have never really been into hiking, but because of Jaelynn, I have been trying it and starting to enjoy it a bit more!

So, yes, I have hit 159.2, which means that I have moved 85.8 pounds closer to my first major goal of 100 pounds and now have less than 15 to go. I look at my body and it feels so jiggily not toned, and it is frustrating to see, and it leads me to think that I will probably have excess skin which to think about is upsetting and gross, actually. Only time will tell, and it won't stop me on my journey, but it makes me reflect on what I could have done differently.

I Have to say that I look at some people and they have these beautiful and strong bodies, but then when they take a walk or run, they get tired and more fatigued easier than I do. It is strange to me how different all of our bodies are and work. These same people often consume things that I would never put in my body too, and yet their body weight and shape are more what I desire for myself. How does that work? There are so many factors to consider in figuring out the answers to those types of questions! For me, what I just keep reminding myself is that I am putting healthy foods into my body, and I am staying physically active, and those are the right things to do for all of us. I know that I can control those things and get more information to help me achieve the body shape that we want. In the end, those are the things that matter, and if someone has a beautiful body and looks amazing, it probably means they are stronger than me physically, but they may or may not have the same cardio fitness abilities that I have conditioned myself to have.

With cardio in mind, what cardio goals do you have? I have set a new goal, only Allison knows it, and in will be updating you as I work to get closer to it. I plan to hit the goal by October 5!..I also plan to be at 100 pound loss by October 1, 2011!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

1 comment:

  1. Go Cindy go! I know you'll reach both your 100 pound loss goal and your cardio goal. You are so determined and you have good support. Congratulations on your results so far. You're a huge inspiration! I love ya!

    ReplyDelete