Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Learning lessons

Well, good day of learning lessons!!!

I was under on my calories consumed, I think...more explanation in a minute
also under on my calories burned. Luckily I still had a deficit of 1267 calories.

The first lesson learned was..bring your dinner on Tuesdays, and don't plan on going out!!! I actually went to whole foods, got some cabbage salad and some roasted red potatoes. Overall pretty good choice, but 1: I spent $ I didn't need to spend and 2: I don't know the actual calorie count. I DID get all the groups..carb, protien and fat, so that is still good. Since I didn't know the actual calorie count for the meals, I had to estimate..so, not sure if my calories are totally accurate..I think that they are probably pretty close, though! Lesson #2 learned..pack food, always!!!

Second lesson was learned at about midnight when I "sync'd" my bodybugg and saw my calories burned were too low. I knew that I wasn't as active today, and knew that I had a meeting from 8-10 and wouldn't be able to go to the gym. I did a ton on the Wii(no, I didn't do the Jillian ultimatum 2010, my knee is still a little bad, and I need it okay for running tomorrow)from 11-12, but it wasn't enough at all! What I learned was that I need to work out in the morning on tuesdays and/or when I take kids to the park, I need to be more active, not just follow them around. I could have been walking around the park in circles, stepping up and down on the play structure or the curb..just being more active. SO, lesson #2 learned!!

I was going to try and use my ankle/wrist weights tonight to increase my calorie burn while doing the Wii, but they need to be returned..they don't stay on my legs properly. I will have to go to Big 5 or something and look at a wide variety of them to find better ones. Do any of you have ones that work really well for you that you can recommend?

Oh, I talked to a personal trainer tonight about the knee and what exercises I could do to strengthen that muscle above the knee. She recommended squats for sure, and some lunges done with proper form. Also, she recommended using one of those exercise balls against a wall and do squats that way. I remember seeing that in Jillian's book too, I think!! It wasn't specifically listed to help those muscles, but it's there.

Tomorrow will be a busier day, and I will make sure that I have more hours dedicated to working out!!

I want to watch "Losing it with Jillian" online tomorrow, but I can only do it if I reach a goal. The goal I am setting is that I will have an overall deficit of 2000 calories. I will not watch the show until I achieve that goal!

Thanks again for reading!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment