Monday, July 12, 2010

run, run, run

Well, it is official, I am NOT a morning person. I guess I really knew that, but thought that I would let you know that. :) I got my 8 hours and used a different pillow, and my neck feels so incredible!!

Well, I didn't hit my calorie burn, I was way below on my calories consumed. I had planned on certain work out times, and a business meeting that I thought wasn't going to happen, did. I was really happy about that, but it threw off the work out schedule. But, I did have a calorie deficit of 1428 anyway!

For the majority of the work out I was alone in the gym. I wasn't doing the C25K training, but I was on the treadmill and decided to do a couple of different things to see how I did. I usually walk at 3.5 and run at 4.5. Today I walked at 3.5 and then decided to run just at 4.0 and see how long I could run. I ran for 3 minutes!!!Since there was noone in the gym, it gave me an opportunity to try some things that I usually don't, because I have never tried those pieces of equipment before and want to try without anyone around. So, I did a TON of different weight machines and free weights, so that was exciting! Also, on both the Biggest Loser and on Losing it with Jillian, she has the people on the treadmill do sprints. So, with noone around I tried some. Maybe these speeds are slow to most of you, but for me, they are sprints. So, I sped up to 6.0...I ran the sprint for 30 seconds! Then, I waited a few minutes. It was bothering my knee, but wanted to try one more sprint at 8.0. I ran it for only about 10 seconds, but it was really hurting my knee. I know this will change, but it was too uncomfortable. I lowered to 7.0, and ran that for 30 seconds also! I hope that my body will respond to these sprints and that I have the confidence to do more each day!! I would love to hear at what speed you all run.

Tomorrow is weigh in..can't wait. I have a 5 pound goal..wish me luck!!!

Thanks again for the reading and the input.

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment