Tuesday, January 4, 2011

weigh in #27 and ...like clockwork

I tried to post this on monday, but had internet issues and same with this morning..so, here it is...

Weight today 200.4 which is +3.8 pounds in 2 weeks. No stress, no worry, just looking forwards at new goals and new plans on the second leg of this journey!!

Last night I got to bed on time, and fell asleep fairly quickly. I woke up a few times, but overall, a restful sleep. I think all the anticipation of this new schedule work of was stuck in my mind even though I didn’t feel nervous or anxious about it. I planned to go to the gym between jobs, but I knew that I would be cutting it close too. The AM job asked me to switch to 9-2, just today, instead of 8-1. I got up pretty easy, and was able to enter all of my food in the bodybugg, and then when I saw my calories so high, I took some things out, and will plan even better for tomorrow!

I got off of work and headed to the gym at a new location. I knew I only had time for a very short work out, so I planned all of the gym time in my head so I would know exactly when to leave(yes, planning is a big thing for me, and takes away a bunch of stress). I got to the gym, and it was pretty small, but it would meet my needs on Mondays and Wednesdays, for sure!!

Jeanette Jenkins challenge for today was 3 miles with 3 sprints at 60 seconds each and 200 crunches.

I knew with my limited time, it would be impossible to get 3 miles in, especially with my recovering injury. So, as I planned, I warmed up about 2 minutes, stretched and then did 30 minutes on the treadmill. When I was walking, only did 3.0-3.5 speed(though it was on 2 incline for part of it, and I didn’t realized it!) and during the 30 minutes I did 5 or 6 sprints, each for 60 seconds. I did them at 4.0, 4.5 mainly, but one at 5.0 and one at 6.0! While I was running, I didn’t feel any discomfort in my hip. I finished, did a quick shower and then off to PM job..I ate food in the car and even got to work 10 minutes early..the work to gym to work thing went like clockwork!

What I learned..well, I already knew, it just REALLY reminded me is that even if your time is limited, it is better to do something than nothing at all!! I knew I still had 200 crunches to do for Jeanette’s challenge, so figured after the girls went to bed at the PM job, I could do them, and I did! Other than that, not too active at this job, unfortunately!
I made great use of my time and wrote out the blog at the job, and planned meals for the next 2 days. Headed home, stopped at whole foods because I needed veggies, then at home, stayed on track and got everything done, dishes, made some falafels for tomorrow, laundry, clothes picked out and packed for the meeting in the evening… I feel great, but need to sleep and will only get in 7 hours tonight, but that is okay, trying to get used to the schedule is a bit challenging, but it will be totally fine!
I didn’t feel tired like I had anticipated today, and I am feeling good about the schedule…so far.. 

Tomorrow is NO WORKOUT day, so food choices will be important!

Calorie deficit: 7269(still not good, but I know it will improve)

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

2 comments:

  1. Blogger has been acting screwy in 2011, odd...

    Productive in a word is YOU.

    YES, is better to do something than nothing at all... that is why I find it is best to workout whenever you can get it in. Don't wait for that perfectly schedule 90 minute block of time at the best time of day for your mood... if you have 10 minutes of nothng; fill it with something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder that it is better to do something than nothing at all. I've been doing a lot of nothing lately!! Great job on being determined to fit in working out and keeping it a priority! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete