Friday, July 2, 2010

the promise of sleep

last night I found out that I will not be pet sitting for the month of July, so I went and packed up all of my things at the house that I had left there. It will make the working out easier, that's for sure.

Today(Thursday)was a great day! I know I mentioned it in previous blog, but it is amazing how great I felt when I woke up this morning. It took me a little while to wake up, but then, I got up, and looked at my clean and organized apartment. It was a great way to start out the day!!! I didn't wake up feeling weighed down by knowing that I had to still fold laundry, clean the kitchen, etc.

New food today. A wonderful gluten free Udi's au naturel granola. Not only did it taste fabulous, but it was really filling too! As a reward for last week of meeting my daily and weekly goals, I got sushi(vegetarian) for my dinner. Not sure how to count that as far as calories, but think that I did okay.

I am finding it difficult to have the food prepared for the day when I don't know if I will be by a kitchen to heat things up, or if I need to make something that needs to be uncooked. I also don't know what will be going on with the children that I will be watching, so I find myself in a strange situation. what I am noticing is that I will still have 2 hours until my next meal, I'm not hungry at all, but I am not sure if I will have the opportunity to eat at the right time, so then I start to sort of stress out. I just mean internally, not outwardly. I am getting better about taking it in stride.

Today, again, I went over on calories. Each day this week that I have gone over in calories, it wasn't because I ate more than 4 meals, or because I ate junk, it was because I added in to much of something into 1 or more of my meals.

Tommorrow's focus is to count the calories better as I am preparing the meals. I plan to get 7 hours of sleep tonight. We will see how that goes.

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment