Tuesday, July 20, 2010

weigh-in #4

How did you do on your goals this past week? My goal for the week was 5 pounds, but as I predicted, it was less. My guess was 3 and I got 2.8 pounds closer to my goal when I weighed-in this morning.

I am going to work on logging my food on the computer in the morning, because the calories I comsume seem to be higher than I have planned for.

I did try a new thing this past week that I forgot to tell you about. I love potatoes, how about you? Well, I have tried to focus on only 1 serving of them per week. This past week, I par boiled a red potato for about 10 minutes, sliced it, then used my Misto and added garlic powder and rosemary and put on my grill pan. It was sooo delicious! This week I am going to try a new recipe for ginger lemon chicken. I will be substituting tofu for the chicken though. Not sure which day I will cook it, but I will keep you posted on how it tasted! Tonight I cooked some roasted potatoes and onion with garlic, rosemary and olive oil. I also made some brown jasime rice. So, I plan to freeze some and have some during the week. I also found a new gluten free salsa, and plan to make tortillas this week, so I can make some burritos!

Let me tell you a little about my day. I got to sleep in, and didn't have to be at work until 1pm. Right when I got there, I was busy with 3 little girls and then the girls, their parents and grandmother and I went to miniature golf. Lots of walking around, but obviously, not a work out. I also missed my 3:30 meal so ate it at about 6. I got off early, at 5:40, so I was thinking about the work outs I was going to do. However, due to the traffic in the bay area and stopping to get produce at Whole Foods on my way home,I finally got home about 8:15. I knew that I was totally beat, and I needed to eat at about 10, but I knew that I HAD to work out. I had decided on swimming, and there are pools here at my apartment complex that close at 10pm or the gym a mile away open 24 hours, but I soooo didn't feel like swimming! Well, I just bit the bullet and got my swim suit on and went to the pool at 8:50pm. The length of the pool is about 20-25 yards I am going to ask at the apartment office tomorrow. Well, I swam and ran, using my arms, in the pool. I did a total of 115 lengths of the pool which, if my calculations are correct, works out to about 2330-2875 yards tonight! That's 1.30681 miles to about 1.63352 mi. My knee is still sore a little, but it didn't hurt to do the exercise, so I think that I will stick to this for now! Oh, by the way, the swimming felt GREAT! I will be adding in weights too, but didn't do any tonight. Oh, but of course, I did my 125 crunches.

What I noticed about today is that I can choose to make the time to work out, even when I am tired. I would be tired whether I worked out or not, so why not be a little more tired, be healthier and just get it done, right?

I would love to hear what some of your favorite brown bag lunches are! I know that I have dietary restrictions, but I can modify a lot of things that other people eat, so let me hear what you're eating!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment