Friday, July 9, 2010

just thinking

Not much to say about today. I can't sync my bodybugg because the site is down for maintenance. I will sync tomorrow and fill you in.

I got my "reward" for getting 10 puonds closer to my goal. I bought a DVD. Do you even care what it is? Well, it has 2 movies on it: Kate and Leopold and Serendipity, and it was only $10. I just happened to see it at Target. Maybe I'll get something more exciting next time.

Today I had grand plans to work out at the place where I was going to need to be while the carpets were being cleaned. Well, the pool was freezing, and I had to run an errand. I did end up doing the Wii for about 45 minutes. Tonight I did my 100 crunches and did 30 minutes of free step on the Wii. Nothing too exciting, but I'm pretty sure that I made my calorie burn goal.

I did great with eating every 4 hours, but remember the eat like a king at breakfast, prince for lunch, then 2 paupers..well, the last pauper got a crown, I ate like a king at dinner too. I went a little over in my calories. I have to tell you why. I found a great pizza crust. I didn't make a pizza though, I cooked it and dipped it pasta sauce. It tasted fantastic and reminded me that I can eat anything that I want, so I don't need to over induldge, I can eat the remainder at another meal. I think that I was just so happy to find a gluten free crust that actually tasted really good, that I ate more than I needed to. I felt tired soon after that, and it was too big of a meal. Again, another lesson learned!

Here's what I'm noticing. Now that I plan to eat 4 times a day, and I know roughly how many calories to eat at each meal, and I know to make sure there is a carb, fat and protien at every meal, I don't really think about food too much. I mean I think about all the planning for it, and what I will be having later in the day and stuff, but because of my schedule, I used to not really know when I was going to eat, and I might have to run and grab something. I would have an idea of when my meals would be, but never really made the timing so much of a focus. I know that I can eat anything, I just budget it in, and work out more if I eat above on my calories. I remember when I was growing up if I had leftovers or a food that I liked, I would not want to leave it because someone else might eat it. Maybe that is why I have that old habit of over indulging. i think that I was worried that I wouldn't be able to have more of that item in the near future. Does that make any sense?

My meals are planned for tomorrow, and I do day 3 of week 1 of C25K..wish me luck!

I am off to bed. I will be working out in the morning and in the eve, only one short job tomorrow. whoo hoo!

learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment