Thursday, September 2, 2010

old information, relearned

First, thanks to those of you who are checking the boxes at the bottom of each blog post. It's cool to me to see the feedback. You can also post to twitter or facebook by clicking on the icon below each blog too.

So, today I knew that I had a goal of 2000 calorie deficit. So, after breakfast and a couple of things around the apartment, I went to the gym and did my C25K challenge. Mentally, I'm good, and my breathing is fine. The only challenge that I am having is my knees. I will be running again on Friday and then Sunday.

Well, at work, I was physically active, and even took the dog for a walk in addition to playing 1 short game of hockey with Alex. When I got home tonight I felt a bit tired, and just hung out for a little while, then went to the gym to do weights. I did some walking, running-only a little, and some sprints. I did some new things with weights, and I hoping to continue those exercises to help my triceps!

I did my 275 crunches, 70 wall push ups and 20 bent knee push ups. Usually at about 6 of the bent knee push ups, my shoulder gets a bit fatigued. Today when I did them, I didn't feel any fatigue until eleven! It is good to see that the upper body is geting stronger.

So, I opened up Jillian's "Master your Metabolism" book to go back and reread portions of it. After moving forward in my journey, I think it is good to go back and revisit books. New things just seem to appear the second, third and fourth time :) There are so many things that I have to share with you. So, each day I am going to give you one little tip that she shares. Obviously getting her book and following it would be the best thing, but starting slow is sometimes a little easier until you get up to speed, right?

Jillian's tip:
this tip has to do with sleep

"A full night's sleep is not a luxury-it is a basic necessity for healthy hormone balance."
There is so much she writes about this, you just have to get the book!!!
The other thing she says, "....you need to get at least seven hours a night."

so, get your sleep!!! I have noticed how much better I am feeling getting more sleep. Sure, there are nights that things happen, but if you read her book, you will see how that can affect your weight a lot!!

Last night seven hours of sleep for me.
my other stats:
calories burned:3307
calories consumed:1410
calorie deficit:1897

I didn't hit my 2000 deficit goal, but i was only off by 103, that's pretty close! Tomorrow will be a better day. I will be swimming in the morning and will be busy at work and then will work out again tomorrow night.

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment