Saturday, July 3, 2010

couch to 5k

Howdy all! Well, more and more people are telling me that they are reading and liking my blog, but my "followers" is not increasing, come on, click the button :)

Okay, it was a strange day. I went to bed at 2am (bad) slept until about 10am (good, 8 hours of sleep). Unfortunately that is not on the schedule for eating, so it was strange. However, I was less hungry all day, and I ate fewer calories.

I didn't go over on consumed calories, and I didn't quite burn as many as my goal, but my deficit was 1845 calories!

New things today..
I tried something called "mochi". Okay, either I cooked it wrong, or it is just gross to me.
I also tried a new gluten free bagel made by "Udi's". Can I just say.."OMG!!" After not eating a real bagel, and having an okay gluten free bagel, this was seriously to die for!!! I ate a bagel with peanut butter (Santa Cruz organic 100% natural dark roast crunchy) for breakfast, and I wasn't hungry at the 4 hour mark, I actually missed my 4 hour mark (not good) and ate it at 5 hours. For dinner, ginger stir fry!! I made enough for 5 servings, and stored in glass containers, as I have rid my house of the majority of plastic containers because it is best for us and the environment, AND Jillian recommends it in her book. Since I am doing my best to follow all of her recommendations, I have been gradually weeding out the plastic and have made the switch to glass storage.

The last new thing today was starting the "couch to 5K" program. It is 3 days a week, you are supposed to rest a day in between, but I didn't really know that, so this week, I will do it all in a row. It is a downloadable app on my Google droid phone, I think that you can download on iphone too, but not totally sure. It is pretty cool. It was a total of 28.5 minutes. 5 min warm up and then walk for 90 seconds, run for 60 seconds, then a cool down walk. It was fairly easy at first, but I got a cramp half way through. Did I want to stop? YEP, sure did. However, once again, Jillian's voice raged in my head, "Seriously, you can't do this? Get your hands off the handrails!! Push through, you can do this, come on, you know you can!!" What is really great about this program is that you see the time counting down, until you get to walk. It will also beep when it is time to switch to the next thing (run or walk). The pattern changes next week, we'll see how it goes then! The program is 9 weeks long. So, I am going to run a 5K either with a group or by myself, in September, possibly October. I just looked and there is one in Aptos on October 9, 2010 at http://www.active.com/ . However, I will be looking online for other options also. I will decide in the next couple of weeks.

All in all, today was a success to me. Now to get to sleep, get my 8 hours in. I have no work this weekend, so there will be more work outs for sure!!!

There are plenty of sites to see the couch to 5K program info, i got it free on Droid phone, the one online has a cost. It looks like there are also facebook groups for people doing the C25K. So get off the couch and join me, and maybe you can run the 5K with me in 9-12 weeks!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment