Thursday, July 22, 2010

Week 3, day 2 of C25K

A very busy day again today, but in a good way!! I do better when I am busy, that's for sure. I had little to no pain in my knee/shin area all day, thanks to double dose of Mona Vie active blend and a noon dose of Aleve too. As much as I don't want to take Aleve, or any medication, I think that for a c,ouple of days, I have to do it.

Well, there was confusion about a job that I was doing tonight. I planned on going out to eat with the little boy, but that didn't happen. So, I ended up missing a meal...sort of. I stopped at a new gluten free bakery in San Carlos, called Zest. I'll post the link. Well, I got a gluten free baguette and a loaf of sunflower, flax and sesame seed bread. I ate a little bit since it was meal time. However, when I got home, I was famished!! I had a taco salad..I used a vegie and gluten free seasoned taco meat, black olives, some Gf tortilla chips, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts and salsa... YUM!!

I really didn't want to work out, because I was worried about my knee. But, I did want to do the run, because my knee felt so good. Sort of strange, I know. Well, part way through the run, it did start to hurt a little. I pushed through and did the run again, it felt so good to push through it! I was trying to hit my 2000 calorie deficit so that I could watch Losing it with Jillian on my computer tonight, so I stayed in the gym and did weights. I decided that I would push the knee some more, so I did the leg press...I worked up to 210 pounds (3 sets of 10) and then I did the same weight for my calfs too! After that I did a ton of arm exercises. I also did a total of 250 crunches since I totally forgot yesterday.

The results today...calorie burn 3651, consumed: 1616, total deficit: 2035!! So, I hit my goal and will watch the show while I soak in a tub. By the way, I did my Mona Vie when I got back and my knee feels totally fine. I plan to swim tomorrow for sure and take a day off of the running...I think.

So, are you ready for a challenge?? How about you try a whole day with no soda? Can you do it?? I know for some of you, it is pretty tough, but I remember when I quit soda, I was 21. It was terrible. However, eventually, I felt so much better!! I have had sodas here and there throught the past 21 years, but it was never a regular thing, and it was more of an exception to my day to day life than a regular occurrance. I don't recall the last time that I had one. Let me know how you do.

I just had to say one last thing after soaking in the tub and watching Losing it.***if you haven't seen it and plan to watch, then wait to read the rest of the blog..it will spoil it** She helped a family this week, and it was great to see the 10 year old boy see the importance of the changes that Jillian recommended. What was really great to see is the parents take responsibility for the way their family was AND how they could set the example in their house to help their entire family. Jillian helped them see that the son was following the example set by his dad, and mom, but was identifying more with the dad. They all looked so much happier and healthier just six weeks later. I will be thinking more and more about the example that I am setting.

Until next time...

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment