Monday, July 19, 2010

a bump in the road.....

I hope that you all had a wonderful Sunday!

I had a more productive Sunday than I did Saturday, that is for sure! I am not sure of my calorie break downs for Friday and Saturday, because I lost the paper that had all of the foods that I ate and amounts. I will say that my calorie burn for Saturday didn't even hit 2000!!! so ridiculous.

Okay, let's focus on Sunday. Today I was more active, left the house, went to the gym and did 250 crunches because I did none on Saturday at all. I did the C25K tonight, but the knee discomfort is still there. I think I may break down and go to the doctor. It hurts just to lift my leg up to walk, put on a shoe, and when I run for sure. It actually is less the knee and more the discomfort that radiates down from the knee to my ankle. I did notice that if I run on my toes, it hurts less. I I guess I will be in the pool to get my work outs done, along with some weights maybe I will start with the yoga on the wii, we'll see.

Tomorrow is my weigh in and though my goal is 5 pounds, my guess is that I will only hit 3 pounds.

You know how I was have mentioned getting to the bottom of why we have challenges with food? In Jillian's book, "Winning by Losing" this is something she talks about being so important. That book is also great for talking about goal setting. Well, I was driving today and a thought came to me. I don't really know if it is my reason, but maybe it is, or maybe it is for you, I don't know. I started to think about how are all told that we need to put ourselves first sometimes if we want to succeed in our health and fitness goals. I know this is something that is hard for so many people, I am at the top of the list. I have been taking time for myself in this past month, that's for sure. Here's what popped into my head today: Maybe if I put so much focus on me, that will take away from the people I care about, the kids I look after and the families that I help. I don't know if that is one of the reasons that I have sabotaged myself in the past, subconsciously, but I guess that it could be. I mean it came into my head for some reason. I think that what I need to do is really think about this. I need to remember that if I am not healthy, then no matter what, I can't help anyone at all. So, for now, I need to make short term sacrafies for long term gain. I guess that the lesson learned here is to keep really thinking about the why, not just what I am doing to work out, consume calories, whatever.

There is a great facebook page: minimalist journey, that is attatched to a website also: http://www.minimalistjourney.com/ Many of you have expressed that the thing that is hitting home so much is the decluttering that I talked about. Well, this minimalist journey website is awesome. I don't think I am going to take it to this extreme, but it is a great place to go to really think about all of the things that we have.

That's all for now, time for me to get to sleep!

Thanks for reading, and have a wonderful week!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment