Sunday, July 4, 2010

couch to 5-death..I mean 5K

Saturday: a day of no work, and lots of errands and things to do.

Let's start with the positive:
Calorie intake: below target
Calorie burn: above target
Calorie deficit: 1807!!!!
Sleep: 8 hours plus a nap in the middle of the day! fun bonus :)

Well, the couch to 5K, day 2 was hard, but mainly easier than yesterday. So all I have to say is running is just wrong. I mean if we were meant to run, then we would have saber tooth tigers chasing us all day, right? I hope you're laughing a little after that one!! I could walk miles and miles, but this running thing, I'm not so sure about. I know it is something that I WILL be able to do, and it will just take time to train my body to do it, but I can't see me saying "I love to run!"...ever. I think that I subconsciously I want to be able to say that I love it, but mainly because then it means I have a cut, ripped and healthy body. I am thinking that I may need to redo week one next week to make sure that I am ready for week 2.

I had a somewhat busy day, but as far as working out...I did the C25K program, lifted a few weights, and then home to do the Wii for 30 minutes. I just LOVE rhythm parade on the Wii. All of those years of marching band are paying off :)

Tomorrow is Independence Day, and I will be blasting Martina McBride's song with the same title, along with celebrating my new found independence. I will also be unloading the remainder of my car and loading up stuff from the place I was petsitting and unloading that--that sounds like a big enough work out for me, LOL. New goals will be posted at home. Last chance work out before weigh-in on Monday!!

Thanks for reading and have a safe and happy 4th of July!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

2 comments:

  1. Cindy,
    You CAN do this 5k! I'm living proof of it. I've done a total of 4 (not many), but 2 of those were in the last two months. I can honestly say that once you start running, you will like it -- after you've done it. I can't stand running while I'm doing it, but the feeling afterward is great and that's what will get you doing it more often. So keep it up!
    Leigh-Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much..just figured out this comment thing, sorry it took so long. thanks for reading. I responded to your comment on the blog for 9/3(friday).

    thanks!!!
    cindy lou

    ReplyDelete