Sunday, July 11, 2010

Friday...taking to the open road

It is very early on Sunday morning, and Saturday was a long day. So, this might be short.

Stats for Friday...
I didn't get 7 hours of sleep, but I will make it up sleeping in on Saturday morning for sure.
calories burned: 4348
calories consumed: 1490
calorie deficit: 2858

I have to tell you about the day though, it was great!! I was in Pleasanton in the morning at a house where I do some work. I didn't want to go to the gym, and I knew I had a few hours to kill, so I decided that I would do my C25K work out there, out in the open and not on a treadmill. I have to say, I was not thrilled about the idea. I forgot my knee brace, so a little bit of concern there. Also, there are a few inclines, and when I use the treadmill, I don't do inclines at this point..mainly because of my knee. Well, I did it!!! I was not having a ton of trouble with it either, it was amazing!! I looked at my phone where I have the app, and saw that I was about to have to run. I was headed up a little hill, and I told myself, "you can do this, only 2 more runs left." It was getting tough. I knew I couldn't stop..then all of a sudden I heard....the VOICE. Yes, Jillian Michaels, "you're seriously going to stop, seriously..you have 2 runs left..get moving!" So, duh, I did! That 60 second run ended and I was walking uphill and thinking okay, you can do this, one more run, you can do this..then, it went into "cool down" mode!!! I was so thrilled that my body was up for another run, and I didn't have to do one!! Then, I was walking the rest of the way back to the house, and the last song I heard, as I was walking up to the house was Garth Brooks, "We shall be free". It was waaay perfect timing and it was so great!!

When I got back to the house I even did more on the wii there. After work, I even did more!!

Overall, a really great day!!

I was worried to take the run to the open road. Once again, I broke through my limiting belief.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to read!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment