Wednesday, July 21, 2010

fight through the pain..for now

I will make it quick, I really need to get to bed!

I added some "buttons" to the bottom of each post, now you can post these directly to facebook, twitter, etc.

I worked today, then had to drive 45 min each way to a place I am house sitting, then to my TEAM meeting. By the time I got home, it was 11:25pm. I knew I couldn't swim at my apartment complex, and I really didn't want to go to 24 hour fitness to swim, because I have an early morning tomorrow. I guess I should explain that I talked to a veteran runner tonight at my meeting, and talked to her about my knee. Well, I took her tip (thanks Linda V) and ended up doing day 1 of week 3 of the C25K!!! it was a 5 min warm up , 90 second run, 90 second walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk..that cycle, 2 times, then a 5 min cool down. I wore my knee brace, had my new running shoes and my ankle brace. Though it hurt a little, I pushed through the discomfort and did all!

I met my calorie consumed goal, was a little under on my burn, but overall deficit of 1374!...ugg, just remembered, I have to do my crunches still!! It is strange, the way the body bugg works is that the day ends at midnight, but I often don't go to bed until 2am. So, some of my calorie burn is often recorded on the next day. So, my calorie burn doesn't always include everything..however, I do try and complete all of my activity by midnight.

What did I learn today? My food planning for today worked fabulously!! pushing through the discomfort is okay, and though 3 minutes of running sounded daunting, it really wasn't too bad. I am not running at a huge speed only 4.5, but it's faster than I was running a month ago. :)

Tomorrow I plan to hit 2000 calorie deficit, so that I can watch Tuesday's episode of Losing it.

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment