Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Weigh in #7, struggles

Struggles and overcoming them is a good lesson for today. I got up early, without 7 hours of sleep to do a simple task of getting a nail removed from my tires and get them rotated. well, 3 hours later, the tire with the nail was repaired and is now my spare. I needed new tires. Just because I am focused on a certain goal, doesn't make the rest of my life stop, and if my dream is big enough, the facts don't matter. If my dream is big enough, I can keep looking towards that and not let the little obstacles pull me down. It was an unplanned expense, so I will have to work more hours, taking away from work out time, in order to make up for it. But again, my dream is big!!

Weigh in #7...I moved 2.8 pounds closer to my goal for a total of 24 pounds in 7 weeks. My goal for this week is 6 pounds. I have passed a big hurdle and that is getting past the 23 pound mark. That is how close I got to my goal last time I did this, and I am now lighter than I was when I hit the 23 pound mark last time. The next hurdle I have is about 6 pounds away. My goal is to reach that this week, even though it will be tough, I am going to push for it. about 6 years ago I hit the 30 pound mark, so when I hit that next monday, that will be another big hurdle.

After working my 7 hour day where I did lots of running around and a ton of laundry. I decided that I was going to take my "reward" of going to a movie tonight. However, when I got to the theater, I realized that there was nothing that I wanted to see. I got a late start on working out also because I ate dinner and then ran over to take care of some wonderful cats! Well, at the gym, I started back with the C25K when I got to the gym. It has been 2 weeks, so I was not sure how it would go. I wanted to make sure that I didn't overuse it my first day back, so I did week 3 over again. I was totally fine doing it!! I was actually smiling because I was so happy that I wasn't struggling with it at all! After that, I rode the bike about 5 miles and then actually went back to the treadmill to do the C25k again. I only did part of it, but I could tell my knee was a bit fatigued, so I did a cool down walk, and then left. When I got home, I did the boxing on the Wii and the advanced step, my 200 crunches and the "meditation" on the Wii also. I was pretty confident about my calories burned, but didn't know it would be this good :) Here are my stats:

Calories burned: 3894
calories consumed: 1570
calorie deficit:2324

I met my goal and started the week off with a bang! I need to do a little more than that each day to reach my 6 pound goal, but I will work hard for it for sure!!
The movie "eat, pray, love" comes out on friday, and plan to go and see that. I am planning on my #8 weigh in next Monday being 6pounds, and then I will see a double feature because I will have hit 30 pounds and going to a movie is the reward for that too!

Okay, off to bed, big day tomorrow.

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment