Tuesday, August 17, 2010

fell waaay short

My day started out with plans to work, and then the job got cancelled. I know that Tuesday is my down day, but figured that since I had the day free then basically I could do more than one work out.

When I found out the news that I wasn't going to work, i knew I had an hour or so until I needed to eat lunch. So, I made the most of the time and I went to the gym right away. I did 5 min on the bike because my good treadmill wasn't free, then I did week 4 day 2 of C25K. I upped my speed to 3.7 walk and 4.7 run, and did 2 7.0 sprints for 30 seconds during the cool down time.

when I got home, I ate lunch and then decided to take a little time for myself and read a book, it is called "the ultimate life" it is sooo good!! well, then I felt a little tired, that usually happens when I have so little activity going on. So, I went to take a nap for a few minutes....3 hours later...I woke up!!! well, I had dinner and then had about an hour until I had to leave for a meeting. So, I decided to do another quick little work out for 30 minutes! I did some running and some weights. After the meeting, I got home and knew that I had a little time to work out still. I did my 225 crunches, 10 knee push ups and 50 wall push ups. Then I pulled out a video tape I came across for tae bo. I did part of the instrunctional video, but then decided to enter my food and do the blog so that I could get some sleep.

Well, I checked the total of my calories, and I was totally shocked and disappointed. Since I wasn't running around with kids and doing a million things and taking a long nap, my calories burned were so low!! I had eaten a little more at lunch than usual, but figured with my extra work outs it would be fine. well, here are the stats:

I slept almot 8 hours
calories burned:2812
calories consumed:1727
calorie deficit:1085

well, that's okay, and more will be burned tomorrow and the following days this week.

I did a menu for the rest of the week and a grocery list. In addition, I scheduled all of my work out time for the next two weeks. Progress has been made, so that is a good thing, but a nap sure does suck the calorie burn away!!

Thanks for reading!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment