Sunday, August 29, 2010

Spectacular Saturday

I got up earlier than planned, but still I got in 7 hours of sleep. Until about 3pm, I was with the girls still. We didn't really do much early in the day, but we did make some nutritious and delicious gluten free oatmeal with fresh bananas, strawberries and pecans. It is a favorite of one of the girls, friday we made the other favorite for lunch, cabbage salad. We did some activity around outside, I did a ton of walking with the girls, but I did quite a bit more on Friday, for many more hours.

I dropped the girls off, and left later than originally planned so that I could spend a little more time with the girls. Yesterday I didn't go to the gym, and I totally spaced and didn't do my crunches or push ups. By the time I remembered, it was midnight. If you remember, Thursday was another bad day and wasn't able to go to the gym, and was very inactive! Well, I was dying to go to the gym! I had plans to meet friends for dinner at 6pm, and it was 3 when I left the girls. I got home and changed, went to the gym and did week 5, day 1 of my C25K!! I was able to do sprints too. Today was 5 min run, 3 min walk, repeat 2 times. I couldn't believe how much easier it was than I anticipated it being, it felt so good!! I made it home and was able to shower and get cleaned up and meet my friends on time! What this taught me is that if I have 2 hours, I can get in 30 minutes of activity and still have time to get cleaned up, including straightening my hair, in less than 2 hours!!

I had a nice dinner, played some board games with my long time friends, it was a great night!! Very healthy eating, just some steamed veggies and rice. They were very thoughtful and noticed that I looked different. I still have difficulty noticing, but with my pants fitting a little less snug, I know that my body is changing.

I got home about 10:30. I changed clothes and did crunches, wall and bent knee push ups from Friday, then did 50 minutes on the Wii, then did today's crunches, wall and bent knee push ups, and finished with the "meditation" on the Wii. It felt so great to be able to stay focused on what my goal is!

here are my stats for the day:
calories burned: 3784
calories consumed:1471
calorie deficit:2313

Though today was great with my calorie balance, I really have not hit my deficit goal lately. Tomorrow I get to sleep in. Plan to go for Week 5, day 2 of C25K and possibly play racquetball also. a few things around the house and some more at the gym. I will get a ton done, and plan to map out the week and make sure my weekly goals are in line with my monthly and long term goals, so that I can get where I want to go in a more efficient time.

Off to sleep now, and will be turning off the phone, that rarely happens!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment