Monday, August 2, 2010

last chance work out

Today was such a great day! I got to do the things that I wanted to do and that I had to do. Hung out with one of my best friends and her 2 terrific kids. Only 2 pet sitting homes today, and one job with 3 GREAT kids. I had so much fun with all of them!

After checking on one houseful of pets with Evan, the day started by walking to the park at my apartment complex, while the kids were playing, Ellen and I walked laps around the playground. Then to work and one of the places that we went to was a skateboarding park. No, I didn't skateboard. However, while the kids were doing their thing, I was just outside of the park and walked back and forth on the grass to keep moving. Checked on other pets, then I got to meet ellen and her kids for dinner at Fresh Choice. I love that Fresh Choice lists if something is gluten free. Yes, you have a risk of contamination, but so far so good. Because you can get so many things there, and calories can add up on a salad, I was a little concerned. I also had a baked potato with a little butter and sunflower seeds on it. Well, I did pay attention to what I was eating, and I did great with calories at that meal!!
We got back and took a short little walk to the park, I just visited with Ellen. After the kids were in bed, I headed off to the gym. I couln't find the knee brace, so I just went and figured that I would do my best. Well, I decided to try and run. It didn't hurt at all on the treadmill that I was using at the gym!!! I only ran a total of 4.5 minutes and walked about the same, but I didn't really want to chance it with my knee. When I got off, that's when I noticed it hurting, go figure. So, I did about 40 minutes of weights, then 5 minutes of swimming too.
then, back to check on pets again, and let the dog in.

As far as sleep. Well, I am sleeping on the couch, which is actually fairly comfortable, but I woke up after about 5 hours last night, and then didn't get a ton of restful sleep after that. I am tired again tonight, and will be off to bed very soon. As far as my stats...here you go:

Calories burned: 4002
calories consumed: 1630
calorie deficit: 2372!!

Well, tomorrow is my weigh in. I am feeling really good about it. I have beeen feeling more definition in my arm muscles, so that is a good feeling for sure! We always hear, "muscle weighs more than fat". I have even used that phrase but I just looked it up online. I started laughing at myself at the first thing I read because well, duh, "five pounds is five pounds, muscle can't weigh more than fat." However, here is what I learned:

The correct way to state the muscle weighs more than fat scenario is, "Muscle is heavier by volume than fat."

A woman weighing 150 pounds with 19% fat will look much smaller (and be much healthier) than a woman at 150 pounds with 35% fat. They weigh the same, yet the composition is different. Because muscle is more dense than fat the person with less fat and more muscle will look smaller.

Does that make sense? There was also a picture of 5 lbs of fat and 5 lbs of muscle, and muscle looks prettier too.

Hope you learned something today too!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment