Sunday, August 22, 2010

learning new things

First, I just looked at the length of this post, and it is a bit long, sorry, but many things to say at this point of just over 2 month mark.

The strange but cool thing about this journey is that I am learning my limits and learning more of what my body needs. I am "meeting" new people on twitter for sure. (on twitter you can search for "jillianinspired") One cool thing I am finding on twitter is all of the people with gluten free and/or vegan blogs/websites. There is one where I got a recipe for sweet and sour tofu! can't wait to try that! also, one called the sensitive pantry..she shows pictures of all of the recipes, and there are gluten free, vegan, egg and dairy free recipes!! I will post the links on the blog for you to check out.

Let's take the "learning my limits" comment that I made. Well, the limits that I am talking about have to do with sleep and physical activity. Working this shift of 7am-11am isn't too bad, but it is 1 hour away. We have already established that I am not a morning person, and I have done physical activity at that job, but basically get home and need a nap. I also don't have the physical energy to do much after that either. It's sort of strange. I have also noticed that since it is such a variation from my regular schedule, my eating is off, and I have not been drinking enough water at all! ...as i get up and get a glass of water right now :)

My calorie deficits for this week were not up to the levels that I have set as goals. I have looked at the daily, weekly, monthly goals that I have set, and they seem realistic. I think that like I mentioned before, there are times every month that my body slows down. It's reality, and I need to not beat myself up for taking time to get more sleep if I am tired even if I need to work out. I know that in the past, I would work out, even if it meant that I was only going to get 4 hours of sleep. It is okay short term, but it would end up taking a toll on my body. However, I never really made the real connection there, until now. So, with good health, as Jillian Michaels stresses, you need to sleep. There is so much great info in that book about sleep and how your body burns the calories and what to eat at night, it is something that I finally realize how important it is for me. Tonight is the last night that I will have this "broken" sleep. Tomorrow night after work, I WILL be working out, and will actually end up doing weed 4, day 3 of the C25K challenge, and then move into week 5 on Wednesday. I will be able to sleep in on Tuesday and get back on track.

So, the recipe for sweet and sour tofu i will probably try this week, and will make it instead of the stir fy that I was going to make. That will be my new recipe this week. I have now found some good resources for recipes and will make some better, higher protien choices. The recipes that I have been trying each week(one of my goals to try a new recipe each week) have been just some variations on old favorites more than really new things. This week, my mom made me some wonderful things!! She makes the most incredible banana bread!!! So, I brought over my GF flour and the other ingredients, sugar, walnuts..you know, and she made me banana bread! I look forward to trying it in the morning! With the body bugg program, I can enter in all the ingredients, how many servings it makes, and then it will give me the total calories per serving. It is about 232 calories for a 1/2inch thick slice. So, it isn't something that I will eat every day, but by freezing half of it I can have it for a treat at breakfast once in awhle. She also made these AMAZING sesame breadsticks that she used to make when I was growing up. Well, she made them for me too. Unfortunately, they are sooo adicting!! I froze the remainder of them and can take out 1 or 2 at a time. Those are about 85 calories each. The other unfortunate thing is how many that I ate before I figured the calories. However, I didn't go over my calories consumed, so that is good!!


Oh, I did do my 50 wall push ups, my 10 knee push ups and my 225 crunches!!

Plan for tomorrow:
up to 250 crunches a day!
Weigh in #9
new pictures


Well, here are the stats for the day:
calories burned: 2673
calories comsumed:1582
calorie deficit:1091
--all meals packed for tomorrow and just about to enter into bodybugg and then go to sleep.

well, that's all for now
learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment