Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tough Tuesday

It has been a tough day. After gaining 2 pounds again this past week, not enough sleep, strange eating patterns and no activity for 2 days, my mood was down. I worked just for a few hours today and got home and had no energy or motivation. I am not sure why I didn't take a nap. My focus was to get in a run today before going to my meeting, but I just couldn't.

I texted Allison. What a blessing she is in my life. Even though she had a very busy day with her boys, she took time to text me back before she headed to bed. Just a few words, "It happens, just don't give up. Sometimes you just need to refocus and change things up." That's what I needed. She just got sponsored and signed up for RPM training. I am so incredibly proud of her, she has been working towards that, so it's great news! I am so fortunate to have so many supportive people in my life that encourage me when I am struggling and also when I am doing great too. thanks to all of you!

I also have to thank Lynda at my meeting tonight. She ran the half marathon in Monterey on Sunday. She has been a wealth of knowledge in all this running that I am doing. She said that for her, sometimes she can do very little for a few days, and then her body is doing great, and she is back up and around. She said to just give my body a break and rest if I need to. Thanks for the tip..good to know!
So, off to my meeting, blogging and getting to bed. I have a 3 job work day. I hope to hit the gym in the evening, but a good walk or work out between gigs might happen also.

On my way to my meeting, I called my nephew who will be 18 tomorrow. I think this is part of the "funk" that I am in. I was his nanny for the first 7 years of his life(with a bit of a break when he was about 2) and he means the world to me. I have always had big goals and ideas of what I would do with him and give him for his birthday AND where I would be in my life at this point. I just am disappointed in myself and where I am and my lack of an amazing birthday gift for Grant. It is a big year with graduation and everything, I just want it to be a year to remember and it isn't what I wanted to contribute to his important day. I am sure that this is part of my "funk" that I am going through. I did a bunch of crying today, and am just trying to figure it all out so that I can grow into a healthier me and be a better example to those around me. Like I have said before, it is important for me to figure out why I am doing certain things, so that I can make changes so that I can work through this part of my journey.

That's about it for today.

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

1 comment:

  1. CL! we all have those 'funk' days, but you gotta keep your head up. i'm sure your nephew isn't disappointed in you, so you shouldn't be disappointed in yourself! you are doing AMAZING and you should be proud of yourself daily!

    i'm here if you ever need motivation :)

    ReplyDelete