Monday, January 10, 2011

running...not so much, Sunshine and Liz Vaccariello

The day really flew by fast! Scheduling 2 workouts was very ambitious...well, I sort of did that. Here's how it went...
I slept about 9.5 hours and I was very stiff when I woke up. I turned on the computer and I had gotten a second tweet from Liz Vaccariello, editor in chief of Rachael Ray magazine!!!
LizVacc : "Awesome workout: all sorts of planks and pushups, pullups and hops. Then ran 3 miles. Feeling amazing!"

me: "i'll be headed out soon-3 miles to do today and upper body workout..42 down, 58 more pounds to go!! thanks for the example!

LizVacc How were your 3 miles?

Me: thanks for asking! ran out of time..only 1.91 miles, but improved my time a ton!! tomorrow 3 miles no matter what!

LizVacc: Feels great to get it in, right? 90% of fitness is just showing up! Great job.


OMG!!!!!!!Can I just tell you that made me feel soooo good to have that exchange with her! She must get 1000's of tweeets, and she responded to mine!

I got going, got my tired rotated and ild chnaged, but had to run errands too. So, I pullup my "run keeper pro" app on my droid phone, grabbed my list and my cloth bags and hit the pavement. By the time my car was finished, I had walked 1.37 miles to/from/in the stores! I left there and did my whole foods shopping,dropped it off and headed to my mom's to pack up Holiday stuff. Then, met some of my siblings on the other side of the family, for dinner to celebrate my sister's birthday. I had a great time with my mom and later with my siblings..lots of stories and laughter throughout the meal. I have to tell you about the artichoke that I ate with my dinner at Black Angus. it was steamed with lemon, then a little olive oil and thwn on a grill...OMG, it was so incredibly delicious, I plan to make it Monday or Tuesday for breakfast because it was so good! I dropped my sister off and stayed to visit a bit, and didn't get to the gym until about 10pm. I had every intension of running the entire 3 miles even if I did it slow. I mean I told Lilz Vaccariello that I'd get my 3 miles in today, not matter what, there was no choice to me. I also know that she would say taht I am coming off of an injury so to be careful and listen to my body. So, I had started slow and increasingly got faster. With every step, my right hip was hurting more...then, after 20 minutes of really pushing it, I was done. What was I going to do..stop?? If I hadn't told Liz that I would get my 3 miles in, I probably would have stopped and gone home, but her glowing smile and words of encouragement stuck in my mind. I slowed my pace and it still hurt too much, so I finished my 3 miles walking instead of running with a few sprints completed in 46:30. I headed home, checked facebook, twitter, showered, grabbed my heating pad, and headed to bed. OH, when I checked twitter, Sunshine Hampton from Biggest Loser had responded to my tweet by wishing me luck on my weigh in! It was a great way to end my evening..thanks, Sunshine!!

Tomorrow will be a long day, and I am very tired. I know that I will get used to this, but it will take me a couple of weeks. Weigh in #28 in the morning!

Thanks again, Liz! I hope that you know the impact you had on my life today!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment