Friday, November 12, 2010

getting it done today

Got only about 4 or 5 hours of sleep. But I had the day planned down to the minute and the day went fairly close to the original plan.

Up at about 5:15am, ate a great breakast and got to work by 7:30am. It was pretty active and that felt great! I knew that I had a tight schedule for the rest of the day, and unfortunately my boss got home late. I had to get 3 things done at 3 different places and then headed home to run!! I ran in the park at my apartment complex! I knew that I needed to run on the street before the 5K on Saturday, but I knew time was very tight. I started out very slow, but it picked up a bit as I progressed. What I realized is that I really need to do a longer warm up and on Saturday, I will make sure that I do. I only was able to run about 1.5-1.7 miles before I had to go and get ready to go to the second job of the day. It felt good to get that much of a run in, and I feel much better about the 5K on Saturday. I know it will still be a bit of a struggle, but it is going to be great!!

I worked and then got off early which was so amazingly fabulous! I got home, did some laundry, cleaned up the kitchen, and packed my bag so that tomorrow I will be able to head to Monterey right from the job that I have from 7:15-noon. I'm just going to head there and register for the 5K and get my "race" bib. Then I plan to walk the course that we will be taking on Saturday. At the very least, I will take a walk on part of it, and go drive the course so that I will know what to expect, because I know that I will feel more comfortable with it then. Then a very relaxing evening and an early bed time.

I have to say that I am acting like this is some major thing, like a marathon or something. I know that to so many of you, it is just an afternoon work out or a fun run in the morning. For me, it's what I have been working for. I am not stressed about it or worried, just ready mentally for it. Physically, I know that it will be challenging and not super fast, but it won't stop me from doing it. There are people that tell me, "well, if it gets tough, you can always walk it, don't worry." They aren't following my blog, the progress that I post on facebook, whatever. That's totally okay, but they don't understand that I'm in this to run the entire 5K. I am not saying that I wouldn't walk under any circumstance, but it is something that is not really entering my mind at all. It is something scary to me, but in a good way. Does that make any sense?

Okay, I won't be getting 7 hours of sleep, as it is almost 2am, and I need to be up by about 5:30. that's okay, and I am not happy about it, but I am ready to get the sleep that I need and have Saturday be a spring board for the next leg of this journey.

Off to bed.
Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

1 comment:

  1. Im up.
    you up?
    Im ready for friday.
    **whispers**
    I think.

    heres hoping your FEW FEW hours of rest gave you more energy than anticipated :)


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete