Friday, November 26, 2010

finally friday

Another early day at work, and was there for about 7.5 hours. Did great with food, and a bit of activity with the kids, but not much. No yard to play in really, but it was so cold, we probably wouldn't have done much more than what we did.

I came home with really big plans. The place where I am pet sitting has a treadmill, and a bike. So, planned to take care of pet sit duties including a walk/run with the dog. Then, do my mile on the treadmill, about 45 minutes on the bike, then, about 45 min later eat dinner, blog, then my push ups, crunches and maybe more bike. Well, here's how it turned out: Pet sitting duties and the walk/run with the dog..then it started to fall apart. I got on the treadmill and was doing my warm up walk. The treadmill, but the belt kept like slipping/sliding. It was sort of scary, I kept walking a bit longer, but it continued, and I wasn't feeling safe on it, so I couldn't do my run. I decided that I would do the bike, and the seat wasn't really stable...really??? you're kidding me!!! I had the motivation, and my hip wasn't feeling terrible. I did contemplate going to the gym, but dinner was already baking, so couldn't just leave it. Also, I had been away from the pets for the majority of the day, and to me, it wasn't fair for me to leave them alone again. I did my crunches and push ups. Now that I think about it, I could have done the wii, but I think that everything happens for a reason, and today was no exception.

I ate my dinner and went online to blog, answer email and just take care of some thing online. During that time, I had 2 instant message conversations that are pretty cool, so i'm going to share with you. One was from a friend that is setting up accounts for "fresh to you". It is organic produce delivery to your house or work. I had something like this before, but it just always seemed like too much. This service you could customize so much more, and the cost, convenience and health benefits really made sense. So, now my produce will come to me every week. It doesn't mean that I will never have to buy produce at the store, but this will make things much easier to be certain that I always have some fresh fruits and veggies and won't have to keep going to the store every couple of days(if i buy too much, it just goes bad since I am the only person eating it).

The next instant message conversation is what I think is the main reason for things not going according to my plan. Remember me talking about Hoss from the cruise? Okay, he IM'd me, and we had a wonderful conversation about so many things. It sounds like he has an amazing wife and family that supports him in his journey towards a healthier life. He shared some info with me that just really blew me away. He has worked so hard and is so positive and supportive to me and others that are working on the same type of goals, it's amazing!! I asked him if I could share this next bit of information with all of you that are reading this, and he said yes. Hoss said that he used to be apprehensive about sharing this information with people but due to support from so many people, he feels more confident and so I thought that I would share a few of the successes that he shared with me: Hoss started at 400 pounds. He is now at 310, and his overall goal is 210 pounds. He also told me that he went from a 62 suit jacket to a 52 and a 52 waist to a 42. I think those stats are correct, but Hoss, please comment and correct if they are not..OR if you have anything to add. I think I have said it before, but I have to say it again..Hoss is a huge inspiration to me and his positive attitude is amazing. I can't wait to keep following Hoss and learning from his successes that he has!!

Well, that took a bunch of the evening, so I'll take one last nice bath, and then I"m headed to bed. I have a big day tomorrow!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment