Saturday, January 1, 2011

the continuation...thanks sooo much!!!

It is the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 but most of all, it is the continuation of my journey to a healthier me! You can read back about where I started and what I have done so far on my journey. You can even read goals that I have set..some that I have hit, and some that I have missed. But, like I posted yesterday, defining what I want is the key, and putting he game plan into action is how I achieve those things.

Tomorrow's blog I will be outlining what it is that I want, my fitness goals and dates that I am working to hit those goals. For today, I want to reflect on 2010.

This year has been amazing to me. I will first start with trying to thank some people that have helped me along this path of my journey. I first would like to thank all of you that have encouraged me along the way. Your words ring in my head when I really need them. Paula and Aunt Patty, you know what you do for me with all of your encouragment, love you sooo much!!!

People from the TEAM, thank you a million times over for all of the encouragment, love and teaching that you have given me over the years, and especially in the last 26 weeks or so while I am moving along this path.

Now, in no particular order, I need to thank some specific people...

1. My mom!! Her never ending support is something that pushes me to be more than I think that I can be. She sees me "at the finish line" of who I want to be before I am able to see it. I love her more than words could ever express! to me, she is perfect and I love her!! Thanks MOM!!!!!!

2. Sharon, our 32 year friendship astounds me, and your support, especially in the Monterey 5K and the Turkey Trot these are times that I will always cherish. thank you for always being there, even when you really don't have time.
**Kathy, thanks for coming and taking the pictures, it was sooo thoughtful of you! Jon and Kathy, it was great to be able to do the Turkey Trot with you both too!

3. Sabra--I know we really haven't talked much since the cruise, but what you did for me on the cruise, running the last lap of the 5K with me, encouraging me the entire cruise and being someone that accepted me where I am. Whether you know it or not, I strive to make you proud of me and let you know that you didn't support someone who is going to ever give up on her dreams and goals. Thank you for everything, I am blessed to know you and have you in my life!

4. Hoss--I know that you always say to me, "thanks for the encouragement, you're inspiring, you don't know how much you help me" and I say basically the same thing back to you, right? Well, for the record, you amaze me with your heart for people and ability to listen and lend words of support at just the right time. I see your smile and hear your words in my head very often!! Your wife and family are so fortunate to have you in their lives, and so am I!! thank you, friend, I look forward to following you on your journey too!!

5. Allison--I know that you are a friend that I will have for life. It has been great getting to know you and your family more in the last couple of months. You are such a genuine person and so accepting of where I am on this journey, even though you are waaay beyond where I am. I am working towards having your fitness level and strength, and when I want to quit, I remember sitting at the table with you the night before the 5K on the cruise, and you just encouraged me so much. Your words were spoken with so much compassion and support, you can't imagine how much I hear them in my head.. thank you, you're the best!

6. Joslyn--my "twin". Well, not in weight..but I'm working on it!! I love that we have such a funny conection and I feel so blessed when I get those texts and tweets of encouragement and inspiration from you! Thanks for being the wonderful person that you are and always giving of yourself to support me. Can't wait to run with you again in Monterey!

7. Jillian Michaels, Shay Sorell, Jeanette Jenkins, Marco Borges, Heidi Rhodes. From books, dvd's, blogs, tweets, FB, and classes/face to face time on the cruise, all of you have helped me learn what I need to learn,(obviously I have a ton more to learn, but you get what I mean), lended support and kind words along the way, and I am so grateful!

My journey took a bit of a hit since the end of the cruise, back in October, but I have never quit or lost sight of my goals. The bumps in the road make the journey more exciting, and the problem solving side of me gets to do it's thing and figure out a solution to the challenge that I am facing. I have been working through the challenges that I have had, and the changes that I have made so far include disconnecting the cable and cancelling netflix. Started to research personal trainers at my gym and the gyms that I could go to instead of my gym. Getting a set work schedule so that I can set my workout times and make sure that I get the sleep that I need. I have started a service that delivers organic, inseason fruits and veggies to my door so that I always have healthy options available and I don't have to go to the store as much. I also have been looking at bikes on craigslist.com so that I can start to put away money to get a bike.

I wish you all a healthy and happy 2011 with many new adventures along the way. Thank you again for following me on my journey(even if you aren't clicking the "follow" button the the right side of the page..haha ). I only hope that you know how much I appreciate you all and hope that one day to inspire some of you or help you on your journey!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

1 comment:

  1. luv ya CL!! You inspire me as well! looking forward to 2011 & accomplishing more goals...I'm here for you whenever! :)

    ReplyDelete