Friday, November 26, 2010

thanksgiving 2010 and silicon valley turkey trot

Let's see if I can paint the picture for you...
35 degrees, bulky gloves, frost on the car windows, 2 pair of socks, long sleeves, t-shirt, sweatshirt...BRRRRRR I was FREEZING!!!! Oh, I forgot to mention, sore right hip too.... what is this a picture for you ask? Well, my second 5K in San Jose, CA. It was the silicon valley turkey trot at 8;15 this morning. I was so cold, was worried about my hip and if my lungs could handle it, and with 15,000 people running, walking, wheelchair, I wasn't sure that I could run the entire thing. I didn't put a ton of pressure on myself, just figured I would do what I could. Here are my stats for the race:
Overall: 3347 out of 6992
Women: 1735 out of 4120
F 40-44: 185 out of 436
Age/Grade: 35.46% Place: 3318
Finish: 43:44 Pace: 14:05
Tag Time: 43:44

So, not quite as good as my first 5K in Monterey a couple of weeks ago, but I did run the entire way, and the conditions were much colder and it was earlier than in Monterey, so I feel good about it!

My friends did it too! Sharon, Stever(Sharon's brother), Jon and Kathy all came and did it! Jon was also able to run the entire way!! All of them beat my time, and they did a great job!!!!

I got back to where I was pet sitting and took the dog for a walk, then a long bath and a nap before heading to my mom's for Thanksgiving get together.

The thing I always hear about Thanksgiving meals is that people are going to eat until they are stuffed and ready to explode. Well, it's never been that way for me. It's a regular meal for me, but I get to eat it with other people, which is rare. I enjoyed some walnuts, 2 servings of broccoli and 2 servings of my stuffing. It is so good..it is gluten free bread cubes, dried cranberries, wild rice...mmmm. As you know, I don't each much sugar, but I decided to buy a gluten free pecan pie. I had one piece, it was incredibly sweet, and it tasted great. the remainder is in the freezer so I can enjoy it on Christmas day.

Not much other activity, except a dog walk but I burned 3500+ calories . Early day planned for Friday, so want to get some good sleep!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment