Thursday, January 27, 2011

gluten-my gastrointestinal nightmare

I know that I have talked about it before, and I'm sure that I will unfortunately do it again. I am pretty sure I have nailed down the culprit. I bought something in a package that said "no gluten ingredients" but it was prepared in the same facility as wheat, that's all I can figure. Here's what happens, I have trouble sleeping(last night), my skin really itches, my stomach feels hard and bloated, my joints ache, I have a slight headache and let's just say, I need to stay close to the bathroom.

I don't like when this happens, and it makes me mad at myself. I am useless for the day. If I had to work, I would have, but it would have been very uncomfortable. Though I know that I did no exercise and I didn't focus on calories, just on food that made me feel good, I have increased my water and my Mona Vie and at 4:30 on Thursday morning, I am happy to report that with the exception of the itchy skin and some joint pain still, I am feeling much better!

i am frustrated about not being able to exercise. Allison says she is goign to text me every day to help keep me on track. I am so thankful for that. she didn't text today, which is fine, I'm just glad I didn't have to tell her that I did no physical activity at all today.

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment