Friday, September 3, 2010

I can't believe it!

The day started out as it has in the last few weeks. I have been waking up after about 5 hours of sleep. I have been able to go back to sleep, but it is just so strange. With that wake up, I figure I got about 6.5 hours of sleep..close to 7. I didn't feel tired, but as I have mentioned,sleep is one of the most important things not only for good health, but for for better metabolism and decreasing weight. So, I would really like to make sure that I get my 7 hours in.

I was helping someone with their swimming this morning, so I was in the pool for about 80 minutes. I was moving the majority of the time, no standing around. Then, I had to have lunch, pack up food and then get ready for work. At work, I had sheets to change on 3 beds, 4 loads of laundry, a bunch of dishes, a trip to the grocery store, and when the kids were around, I was lucky enough to play with them. They have one of those parachute things. Well, the 5 year old wanted me to pull her around while she was wrapped up in it, then the 10 year old got on too. It was a great work out for my upper body, and it was fun too!

Home from work, and took a little time to do some job searching activities online. Meal time, and I have no idea what I was thinking. I ate a few too many calories, but they weren't really nutrient rich calories, so I was sort of frustrated with myself. Later I sort of decided that I was just stressed about the work thing, and just wanted to grab something easy because I knew I had to eat. So, how could I have avoided that? Easy, I could have planned out my meals better for the day. tomorrow will be better!

So, by now it is almost 10pm, and I finish entering all of my food and then sync my arm band to find out how many calories I had burned to that point. Bad news...only 1192!(later realized that I had entered my swimming wrong, so it was really about 1292. PANIC!!! I jumped into my gym clothes and headed out to the gym. I planned to run on Friday, but knew there were calories to be burned, so, I stretched and got on the treadmill. It was a great day of C25K!!! 10 min run, 3 min walk, 10 min run. I ran at 4.6 again tonight, with no sprints. I really had no challenge with it after the first 2 minutes. It is so great to think back and remember how hard it was to run just 1 minute back about 8 or 9 weeks ago!! I got off and went straight to the "crunch machine". Did 100 crunches, 50 wall push ups, 50 more crunches, 25 more push ups, then over to do weights. Not really sure why I didn't finish the crunches then. Weights, then treadmill for 5 minutes and did sprints, then back to finish the crunches. Then, 10 minutes left, and I decided that it was time to try the eliptical machine. I have done one before, but since I started this journey, I have only tried it once, and it really burned the muscles just above my knees, so I didn't continue. Well, time to conquer the fear. I got on, and my quads burned, but I kept going. I notice the time thing really helps me when I'm struggling. Then, after about 2 minutes, the burning went away. My calves were feeling more of the pain, but overall, when it ended, all I felt was excitement that I had accomplished it.

Now, if sweat were the measure of calories burned, then I woudl have burned like 10000 tonight! I worked hard and non stop and not slow. I will be doing that more often, that's for sure!

So, here are the stats:
calories burned:3885
calories consumed:1862(too high)
calorie deficit:2023

As you can see, I did it! I can not believe that I burned enough calories to make my deficit! It really showed me what I can do when I am pushed to the wire. Now to remember that when I really don't want to work out..sort of like tonight.

Jillian's tip:
this one is about romoving toxins from your kitchen. There are soooo many things that I could go into here, but one thing that I never really thought about was keeping the dishwasher closed during the wash cycle. The steam that comes out releases toxic volatized chlorine from the combo of detergent and tap water! She is all about removing all toxic cleaning materials from your home too. I have moved closer to that, and only have a couple that are not a "greener" option. However, I am almost there, and plan to be by the end of the year.

Okay, it is 2:40am, and I am really getting tired now, so off to bed. Luckily, no work tomorrow, just some business plans.

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment