Sunday, September 19, 2010

Saturday and 5K clarification

Today was a great day! I got much better sleep, but still got up a few times with the mask. I got about 6.5 hours of sleep, still not great, but I couldn't sleep any longer. I will be getting a full 8 tonight for sure.

Basically, at 10am, I started haning with the kids. We did lots of organizing projects and going through books and games and things that they no longer needed. We broke it up with board games, alone time for them in their rooms, science projects, and lunch and snacks of course! We then met their mom for dinner, where I stayed close to within my calorie allowance, which was great!

We finished dinner and she took the kids home to put them to bed. Then, I went to the gym!! It is so funny, my deal with 24 hour fitness is $99 per year. To pay for a guest pass at this club, it cost me $12-that's $3.75 more than I pay a month!! Since I get such a great deal normally, it doesn't kill me to pay this if I travel and need a gym, it's just noteworthy to me, and a bit funny. So, when I was there, I got my run in. I thought that with my cold, it would be really difficult to run, but my sinuses were so clear when I started to move! This treadmill was amazing, no pressure on my knees, glided smoothly(unlike the leg press I tried later), it even had a fan you could turn on! Then, I went to the area with weights. I did weights for awhile, but wasn't too intense with it. My main goal was the run. However, I saw this machine that I hadn't seen before called nustep. It is like a stair stepper, but you sit, and it has the step pedals and handles that move back an forth, so you are getting a work out, but it doesn't have the same impact on your knees. I still felt it in my calves, legs and butt so I knew it was working. I did it only for 10 minutes because the gym was getting ready to close at 9pm. That is such a switch for me since I usually don't even get to the gym by time.


5K clarification: The 5K that I registered for is attatched to the Big Sur marathon. However, the marathon is on the 14th, and the 5K is in Monterey on the 13th(my group is at 9am). I am getting excited about it, surprisingly. I am sad that it is in the morning, but with runs, this is how they are, I know. If any of you want to join me, I will post the link on the right. you go to that link and click "half marathon" then it takes you to a page where you can choose along the left menu "events" then click on "Run Forest Run 5K". $20 for youth/military and $30 for adults. Would love to see some of you there!

Got back and did my 325 crunches, 90 wall push ups and 60 bent knee push ups and have been catching up on the blogs. I will be getting to bed soon, and plan to go back to the gym in the morning before I watch the kids.

So, here are the stats:
calories burned:3506
calories consumed:1690
calorie deficit: 1816

So glad that I went to the gym. I feel great that even though I felt like I didn't want to go because of the nasal congestion, I did it!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment