Saturday, September 18, 2010

Biking, the new obsession..and 5K

So, today was another bad sleep night, because I got home from my meeting, and couldn't fall asleep and I had to be up at 4:30am for a job with the twins again. I packed up my food for the time there, and had fun with the girls, but only one walk, so my activity level was low and I was feeling run down too. However, I knew I needed to get my oil changed and my tires rotated. So, ran over to do that,and they couldn't fit me in then, but could later. So, I left and went home to tackle a few things. First, lunch, then I took a nap. The lack of sleep was getting to me for sure, and I didn't want to get run down and sick either! The auto place was going to call when they were close to fitting me in, so my sleep was choppy, but I did get a good nap.

I got the call, dropped off my car and then walked over to the mall. I had to get 2 things at target, and check on a problem with my cell phone, so that was the perfect time to do it. I also did a bunch of walking around too, so that felt good. Finally the car was done, and I headed home.
By this time, it was dinner, and I had it a bit late, but it worked out fine. Then, I made a menu of all my meals for Thurs-Monday, and measured and packed up everything that I needed in the fridge, freezer and then a bag of all the non perishables. I got all of my clothes laundered and sorted to go in the suitcase, and did my usual job searches on 3 different sites. I knew I had to go to the gym but was still feeling tired. Since I ran yesterday, didn't want to run, but really didn't have the energy for swiming either.

I stretched and while I was, someone was doing bent knee push ups, so I did mine there too..it felt good to get those out of the way. Then I decided maybe I would just walk on the tread mill. That totally was not what I wanted to do. So, I said to myself, it's not as big of a work out to do the bike as it is to run or to the elliptical, but you used to bike on a realy bike a lot, juts go do it. So, I headed over to the bike. I had to enter the "level" and the amount of time, and so I contemplated how long and just said, "okay, 60 mintues"..I figured I would just go at a slow pace and it would be boring, but I would do it. Well, after 10 minutes, I was just sort of thinking, gosh, an hour of this, okay, whatever. So, I upped the level to 3, and actually got a little more into it and started pedaling even faster. I was looking right at a mirror, and I don't know about you, but I don't look my best when I am working out, so, I just closed my eyes and pedaled. I actually visualized a trail, people riding next to me, in front of me, I saw the finish line to a race, people I love cheering me on. Well, the most important thing is that I did an entire hour! Now, how far did I go? that's also cool to me, it helps me guage if I am improving and pushing myself harder each time. I still have to confirm that it was measuring miles, not Kilometers, but to my knowledge, I did 21.6 miles in 60 minutes. I have no idea if that is slow or fast or normal, but I did it and that is the best part!

Then, I did some weights, but was feeling very tired, so went back, did my crunches and wall push ups then took a shower and went to bed.

stats:
calories burned:3199
calories consumed:1910
calorie deficit: 1289

so, not exactly the right place, but moving forward. I feel great about the progress!

Oh, last, I have someone who mentioned on facebook that she is doing a 5k in November. SO...I registered to do it!!! There is a bit of confusion about the date, so I have emailed the organizer to find out if the 5K is on 13th or 14th. I will keep you posted! I can't believe it!! New things to write on the calendar next Monday when I update with the Oct 5 goal of 50 pounds, the cruise goal of 60 pounds, and the cruise itself, now the 5K goal..whoo hoo!! clipping along at a good pace, now to pick up my pace in the running by November..can't wait!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment