Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weigh in #12

HI! I totally thought I posted this yesterday, but I guess i just posted on facebook and twitter. Well, I moved 3.4 closer to my goal for a total of 38pounds!

As of last week, I was up to 300 crunches per day, 80 wall push ups and 25 knee push ups, and running for 25 minutes, 3 times per week. When I look back when I started each one of these "challenges", I think about how hard it was to even think about doing and I feel great that I have come so far. Clearly I am not where I want to be, but I am happy that I am moving closer to my goal every day.

I worked with 3 kids today. In this house, I love it because the kids are a ton of fun, and they like to do a variety of things, including just hanging out and doing art or board games. In addition, I do some household duties, so it keeps me moving and burning calories.

I finished work at 7pm, ran a couple of errands and went to see my mom. While I was there, I realized that I had to work at 6am the next day!! So, basically I left. I realized that sleep was more important than going to the gym and I could go to the gym on Tuesday instead(between jobs). However, when I got home and tried to sleep, I wasn't tired at all, and ended up getting laundry and dishes and things done around the apartment, so that was good. I also remembered what it was like when I put off the daily challenges, so of course I did 325 crunches, 90 wall push ups and 30 knee push ups too. I planned out my meals for Tuesday, whoo hoo! I am starting the week off great!

Okay, so here's the big thing that I did. I booked my flight to florida for the Jillian Michaels Wellness Cruise! Thursday I pay the remainder of the cruise cost and I already have the time off of work. I am soooo excited and can't wait to be inspired and hopefully focused on the next set of goals from that point forward. I am afraid of not being ready for the workout that she will be leading, which makes me want to do even more to get to the 60 pound goal that I made for myself by the cruise. The week before I will be doing an overnight nanny job, so I won't really get my gym time in the evening like I do now, but I will be able to go late morning, I think. In addition they do have some equipment I think I can probably use while I am there.

I know that last week was terrible as far as me blogging, and my jillian tips were totally lacking, so I thought that I would give you this little tip today:

Look in all of your cupboards, pantries, refridgerators and freezers..any anywhere else you might have food, and read the label. Each day I will give you one more thing to look for. Today, look for HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP if you see it on any label, toss it. I'm not asking you to toss anything with sugar...yet :) just this ingredient. Jillian really explains it well in her book, but if you want to look online, just search "high fructose corn syrup dangers" and you will find a ton of information. Again, the way Jillian explains it in her book is the best explaination that I have found.

Good luck with that one, and let me know what you think about the exercise or what you found out about HFCS.

only got 3.5 hours of sleep from monday to tuesday morning. not good!!!
other stats:
calories burned:2964
calories consumed:1336
calorie deficit:1628

not too bad for not going to the gym. SOrt of mad at myself for doing stuff at home instead of the gym. If I would have gone to the gym, I would have hit my deficit goal, then showered and gone to bed and got more sleep than I did. I guess my body knew that I didn't work out, so it didn't want to sleep.

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment