Monday, March 7, 2011

Thanks, Queen Sheila and get your kids outside

Just a quick, out of the ordinary post because I had to share this article that was written by a teacher that taught a girl that I used to nanny. She was one of the most thoughtful, caring and full of knowledge teachers that I have even met. Sheila is well known to all of her students and their parents and the school as "Queen Sheila" a title well deserved. She recently wrote an article and it got published and I wanted to share it with you. I completely agree with all that she is saying! I thought it would be great to share here too since she is really talking about getting our kids outside, to have a healthy, more well rounded life!! Please take a minute and read the article it is really worth it, especially if you have children in your life.

Of course, I'm going to throw out a challenge to you: If you have children, get out and walk with them ever night after dinner..or whenever it is the most convenient for your family.

here's the article about homework, kids and getting outside...

http://santacruz.patch.com/articles/no-more-homework-says-this-third-grade-teacher#comments


Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment