Sunday, March 27, 2011

Yoga, trampolines and C25K(friday)

Yep, you read it right, yoga, trampolines and C25K!!

I started my day out with my AM yoga, as usual, a great start to the day!! We headed out to pick up Evan's friend and took her to lunch at Fresh choice. IT is an "all you can eat place" but they have an amazing salad bar, that's the focus of the place and they have a few other "stations" where you can get pizza, soups, bread and muffins and fruit, and a frozen yogurt station too. It's great because they label everything "vegetarian", "gluten free" and something else too, can't remember. It is a great option for a once in awhile treat---oh, and NO, I didn't go back for seconds :)

From there, we went to this place called SKY HIGH SPORTS. It is amazing. They have trampolines on the walls too! if you want to see pictures, you can friend me on facebook and check them out there (cindy lou herriges or the alternate name: jillian inspired journey). Okay, it was so fun to see the kids jumping and laughing, doing flips, jumping off the walls. I had decided that whatever it took, I was going to jump off one of those walls, and land on my feet. I kept hesitating the jump to the wall. I couldn't get enough air..well, I kept thinking that was the issue. I would jump and then when I made the decision to jump onto the trampoline on the wall, it was great! I did it...oop..oh no...ARG, landed on my back. That happened numerous times. Then the kids left and went to play dodge ball in another trampoline area, I followed and watched them and talked to an employee there and asked for advice on what I was doing wrong. So, Evan was hanging out after he had jumped and I gave him the camera and he took two pictures of me, one just jumping and one going on the wall..I look like a complete idiot, but the cool thing is, I landed on my feet afterwards. Then, I did it again, and didn't look even half as dorky. I was so proud of myself!!! I know, some of you probably are thinking, cool, i would love that, no fear...right? It is so strange to me, I have jumped on trampolines for years, even used to do flips and everything. But, when you reach a certain weight, you feel uncomfortable doing those things. It's not the "oh, what will people think about me" I really don't care what they think. It is more like, "I don't want to get injured", "what if I can't do it, no matter how hard I try"and it's the disappointment of not really feeling good that I had so much trouble doing something that used to be effortless for me. The day turned out great with the kids!!

At home, while Evan was in the bath, I made use of the treadmill in my apartment and did C25K, week 3, day 2. It was better than yesterday, but I was still working through the breathing and talking to myself about it. that is frustrating too, but just helps me remember that even if I have an injury, I need to be active. I just have to find activities that won't aggrevate the injury and keep moving!!

Great talks with Krista throughout. It always is, she is energy and drive and is motivation for me to do what I need to do also. If I didn't have this little challenge with her, I know I wouldn't have run tonight. So, thank you, Krista, I gotta beat you this week, but no idea how with Evan here..I will not give up!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment