Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lots of walking, c25K, talk with Megan and challenge with Krista-results

I knew today was going to be busy and lots of walking and I knew I still had to get in my c25k before Krista finished her reading in her chapters. I also knew that it was going to be so difficult because I was taking Evan to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and it was going to be a ton of driving.

Well, the weather was awful, the rain was coming down and it was a lot of time on focusing on the road. We got there and he was so excited! We did so much walking and picture taking! It was fun to be with him and see the expression on his face. I mention this because I think that I often lose sight of what is happening in the moment. I often think of the next thing and the planning. The yoga is helping with that for sure, changing my thinking is a good thing :)

Throughout the day I would get texts from Krista on her progress on her reading. I was having fun with Evan, but that was killing me!! It made me think, "why didn't I get up early and run then" . I was tired and needed sleep, true,but I could have done it before we left, it would have prolonged the time until we left, because I'd have to get cleaned up afterwards too, and this was Evan's time. That was my thinking. The competitor in me was thinking about how she was probably going to beat me, but I was so happy for her accomplishment and proud of her amazing effort! So, Krista won, and I now have $5 waiting for her when she books her trip to CA when her course is finshed. This is not over, and I will win this coming week. THat challenge will be posted tomorrow.

After the aquarium, the rain cleared and we played at the park for an hour or so, I walked mainly, but is was great to be outside and enjoy the sun for a little bit!

At home, I did my C25K week 3, day 3 and it was much easier! The last 3 minute run was still pretty challenging, but mainly with my breathing. I am hoping to get to the chiropractor on Monday so he can do an adjustment to open up my lungs.

Then, a great, amazing talk with Megan! Megan and I are alike in so many ways, it's pretty crazy. She is from the cruise, I think I have mentioned, and the more we talk the more I feel a great connection with her. Since she is single, it is just one more thing to connect us, ya know? Well, we talked for a couple of hours as she was driving back from seeing Jillian and a bunch of speakers at the GET RADICAL CONFERENCE. It ws neat to hear all about it and the wonderful people that she met!

Looking forward to the next challenge with Krista! She is so gonna lose this week! I have my other challenges that I am working on too, and the reading is slow going! I plan to get more in my Yoga book tonight!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy LOu

No comments:

Post a Comment