Monday, March 14, 2011

challenges update, lack of balance, yoga, the single parent

So, I know it's been a few days since I blogged. Not going to bore you with day to day details, just an overall update. Since I was doing the "single mom" thing for a couple of days, my shedule was way off! This child goes to bed at 10:30pm. I had to go to bed later than that to finish up thigns around the house. Yes, I could sleep in, but my body is too used to getting up early, so that didn't work well. SO funny!! I prefer to be up late at night, but clearly, my body clock has changed a bit!! I still got in crunches and walking and yoga. A day or two i had to make up crunches or make up a mile walk, but I certainly got them all in...until Saturday. BEcause of circumstances with the child I was watching, I didn't do yoga. I was so dissappointed! I felt tired all day, felt completely out of sorts. I did get up on sunday, do my AM yoga, and went for a 4 mile walk with Beth, taht was great, but the rest of the day was down hill from there!! VEry dissapointed that I didn't get yoga in! I didn't continue the habit and it messed me up. Whoo hoo, I have learned something that I can totally put to use!!!

The time change has thrown my body off for sure! I need more sleep!! I was so fatigued yesterday, I ate horribly, didn't do any C25K as planned, but that was in big part from what I think are shin splints. It's only one leg. The hot bath with epsom salt, the massage and rest has helped, but plan to ice it later today too.

My water was not up to where it normally was, i forgot my Mona Vie, iron and vitamin D supplements...I think I get why I was totally out of it and off balance for the majority of the week, but especially the weekend. I planned, I packed, but then, forgot to take these things..why??? I can only come to the conclusion that being out of my routine just messed me up and put me off balance.


Do you have any suggestions on mainting your routine and keeping balanced when you travel? feedback please!!!

Last a tribute to the single parent...I do these week long overnight jobs all the time, but this one was different. The mom scheduled so many other people and activities, it made it much more difficult to me. I get what it is like to be a single parent for the most part, since I have done it sooooo many times(I just don't have the financial obligation of it) I also have so many friends that are single parents too. this time, I was focused on my fitness, and trying to get a workout in and my sleep was incredibly challenging. So, how do all of you single parents do it? I couldn't include the child with me on walks, because i don't know the neighborhood very well, and it was later at night. It was a challenge for sure, and I am feeling the effects of it! It will be a better week, and am even goign to try 2 classes tonight, providing I get home in time!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment