Sunday, March 27, 2011

week 3 challenges with Krista and feeding my heart and the jm cruise peeps

Well, Krista beat me in this week's challenge. I did have my little visitor, so my time was not fully my own, but I am not going to use that as an excuse. She beat me fair and square and now I owe her $5 towards a future trip to CA.

This week's challenge with Krista was supposed to be set last night, but it got too late and we couldn't do it. So, this is what we came up with:

The Challenge this week I have to do 6 days of working out, which includes 4 days of c25K(redo week 3, day 3 AND do all of week 4) and 2 days of 30 day shred, and I have to finsih that before Krista completes chapter 7, take's her quiz and does 30 pgs in ch 8 by saturday night.

I will beat her this week, I have to!!!

Today was a very low key day and yet I accomplished quite a bit. It started out with no yoga because of the early hour that we had to leave to get Evan to his ride home. I also made this my rest day for working out since I had 3 days of running and really active days. Plus, when you read what I did, you will wonder when I would have time for it!!

After dropping off Evan I visited with a friend for a couple of hours and headed home. I ate a yummy CHERRY CHOCOLATE BLISS 22days bar and a sumo tangerine..double yum! I had a great day talking with friends and that fed my heart and soul, I can't tell you how much!! In talking with them, iI stay more on track with my goals. It's not even what they are saying about fitness and foods, and what to do, it's more about just talking with them that brings me back to the cruise and the feelings that I had and the healthy state I was in while I was there the energy of it all, it was amazing!!


The ride home was about 90 minutes. So, I got to talk with Allison and my mom. Later, I also exchanged texts with Hoss who, as usual, had a fabulous blog today, check it out!! I did lots of texting and IMing with Krista a couple texts with Megan(but after our long talk last night, I felt her energy for sure!!) Then tonight, I got to talk to Sabra for over 3 hours, which is when my apartment got cleaned and errands got run, I realized that I could have done some cooking in that time too, but that's okay. Last, a great conversation with Evan's mom, Ellen. She's not from the cruise, but it was fantastic to talk about Evan and his development, along with her daughter's amazing gifts...and that fed my heart too!!

So, why the big blog about all of my communications with the people in my life? Here's what I am figuring out...I NEED to have those things going on to feed my heart. When I was having all of these talks with people, I felt good about me. I wasn't killing myself to work out or worrying about what I was going to eat, I was just hearing about other people's lives and they were hearing about mine and we were helping each other by giving information and sharing our stories about our lives. I LOVE hearing other people's stories, I love to help when I can, I love getting the support and hopefully giving support when they need it. When I was talking to Sabra, I almost went and bought something to eat that I didn't need to buy at the store, it would have been fine as far as calories for the day, but not the right choice at all. She didn't stop me because I said something and she said something insightful to get me to not eat it, she was just being Sabra, and amazing wonderful and supportive person and I was reminded of the life that I want to lead. She has a standard, but her style is so warm and caring, but at the same time, calls you on your stuff. I have missed talking to Sabra, she makes me want to work harder. Every person that I mentioned above makes me stay focused on things, I just know that because of Sabra, the first 5K that I did on the cruise in the Bahamas will remain one of the most unforgettable days of my entire life, because of her support that day.

So, to all of you who went on the cruise with me, I thank you for verything! All of your posts on Twitter and Facebook and even our little chats remind me of the event that changed my life. These connetions bring me to a place of strength and the promise of a future that I desire if I stay the course and do all that I can.

learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

1 comment:

  1. I love talking to you too :) I hope we get to hang out in person again in the not to far future!!

    ReplyDelete