Monday, January 24, 2011

sunday...sluggish but successful too

Saturday night at mignight, I got to an overnight job, with the twins that went until 7am. I headed home, went to bed and then slept until almost 1pm. SO, I got my 8 hours in, but at some point took off my CPAP mask, so didn't get great sleep. I spent most of the day doing very little. I straightened things here and there, but mainly just watched a few DVD's. I saw a movie about this great runner..maybe I saw it on Saturday...either way, here's what it was about. It was called "without limits" a true story about Steve Prefontaine. If you get a chance, read about him, or check out the movie, it was really great. I also learned some stuff about running that I didn't know! so, when I get back to running, I will need to make sure that my ear, hip, knee and ankle are all alligned..I THINK that is what he said..now I will have to find that part and check to make sure.

I also had something on, but not sure what, and there was a quote that said something like, "we all come in and go out of this world completely alone, which is why we fight our whole lives to be surrounded by people." Funny when you think about it, it is so true.

Most of us want to have relationships with people, and even though we have them to love, or to support us, or just hang out with and talk to, in the end, we are still on our own day to day to make our own choices and decisions, right? Though we make all of our own choices, input and encouragement from and accountability to others can influence the choices that we make. The last two days I had some examples of that. One from Ellen where she simply stated that if she had all of this free time without kids around, she could get sooo much done! Well, I got up and did my dishes. Not a huge work out, but a start. Today, my friend, Allison, well, she did more than she will ever know. She comented on a facebook post with "I love how you are so honest in your blogs! You are strong! now get moving". Then a little later, I got a text that read, "Did u work out? What r u waiting 4! " I saw both about the same time and I got up and got moving!!! I stayed in the house, and it wasn't the most intense workout, but it was better than sitting around doing almost nothing, right? I used my step that I got for Christmas. It worked so well!! I just kept stepping up and down and doing different steps that I know, while I had a DVD on. It felt good to be moving, but I was so stiff!! I had to do a ton of stretching throughout, and that made me frustrated at myself. I know it is due to inactivity, and my running will have to start from scratch I bet. I will be getting the hip checked out soon!!

I am working from midnight until 7am again, and plan to sleep for 8 hours and then get a good and real workout in!!!

My food has been so messed up, partially because of the night jobs, but also because of laziness. Monday will be better!! Oh, I will also be putting up the stuff on the wall in my room that I told you about. I got it together today when I went through my entire pile of paperwork that was on the floor.

Did I mention that she was able to help me and motivate me from ALABAMA?!?!?!?! thanks, Allison, you are a great encourager and I appreciate it a lot!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!!
~Cindy Lou

1 comment:

  1. YES - we are on our own day to day to make choices and decisions for us; nobody actually makes them for us even though our nature is to blame others when things don't go as we want. When honest with ourselves we can almost always look back and see that any short comings we endure were from our own choices not those of others.

    ReplyDelete