Sunday, January 23, 2011

saturday...discovery

I went to bed at 5am..why, I have absolutely no idea. I was basically awake for 24 hours! why?? glutton for punishment? afraid of the next chapter? miss my old late nights? again...no idea!!! I slept until noon, but my back was sore and my stomach hurt. Could it be that um..duh, I didn't eat enough veggies, I haven't been exercising and I totally forgot my Mona Vie yesterday!!!

I wastched DVD's, I ate poorly and did no exercise again today. I looked for work and booked some for next week, I walked around my apartment feeling overwhelmed...but about what? My great friend, Ellen, said somethign to me today that made me think. She said, "I dream of having time like that without the kids around where I can just get a ton done." After that, I did get up and clean up the kithen and baked some homemade breadsticks to have and freeze for some to go meals..they go great with chili!

Orrin Woodward, Chris Brady, and many other TEAM leaders say, 1-"if your dream is big enough, the facts don't count." they remind us that 2-your dream has to be big enough so that you can see it over all the obstacles. other things that I can use for excuses: the other great thing is 3-that people who know how will always work for peope who know why.

1-Fact: I haven't really exercised in week and my body is weak, I don't have a personal trainer, I can't attend classes at the gym, I am limited on the activities I can do because of injuries...other things that I can use for excuses:the fact that my job and finance outlook changed and I have to look for work that I have dirty dishes and clothes that I need to wash, dry and fold, that my car needs to be emptied, that I have a huge pile of papers in my living room that I just keep steping over. Those are the things that don't count... I haven't been putting this quote in my head and I haven't been focused on my dream/goal. I have been just going through life, without purpose in my day..why? my best guess is because of fear. So, to overcome the fear, I need to take action, without action or stuggle there can be no victory.

2-It is important to have daily, weekly, monthly goals, but this is talking about the "ultimate" goal(s) that you want for your life. My ultimate goal is to be 145 pounds by June 1st. It was originally my birthday, but with adversity comes new game plans and goal setting sometimes. Oh this weight is not because I want some number, but because that is within healthy range for my age and height.
--game plan for Sunday is to make a BIG sign to put opposite my bed so I see it first thing when I get up. Joe McGuire put his above his bed for his TEAM goal in the past, so I may try that too.

3-well, this isn't a job, so not working for anyone but myself. However, unless I know why I am on the journey, knowing how won't end up sticking in my life. The last few weeks..actually the last couple of months have shown me that!! So, why do I want this goal? There are a ton of reasons, but I often lose sight of them day to day. So, they will be going up on the wall with my big sign opposite my bed. Here are the reasons i think of now:
-to be healthier, thus probably living a longer life and setting a better example for the people, especially the children in my life
-to inspire other people to move forward in their lives so they can help others and set a great example for the people in their lives.
-to affect change in my life, more confidence in me, therefore obtaining other dreams that I have for my life
-to feel a sense of accomplishment that I rose to the challenge and overcame it.
-to show that I had integrity and honored the commitment to all of you
-to be persistent until I achieve this goal, no matter how long it takes, thus hopefully letting any of you that are struggling that you, too, can reach the goal you desire. I know we all can!!

I hope that these things help you as much as I think they are going to help me!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic blog today! I love the quotes. I just want you to now I am as behind you as you are behind me. Keep your eye on the prize! You are so worth it! - Hoss

    ReplyDelete