Sunday, January 9, 2011

Improving!!

I had 10 hours of sleep. I did wake up at 5:30am, so my body is already getting used to the new wake up time. However, Friday and Saturday, I am not planning to go to bed at the same time and wake up at the same time as I do during the week. That could change, but for now, that's the way I'm anticipating it to be.

I got up and ate, and had a long list of things to do, especially to do a workout. I ended up getting so much done both at home and in my business with the TEAM and Mona Vie that I was very short on time because I was headed to a leadership seminar. However, I had been blogging and got all caught up so you wonderful people could read them, and totally lost track of time. But, I got up and went over to the gym here at my apartment complex. I feel sooo good about what I accomplished in such a short time!

so, here's the comparison to show you how I'm improving...

Monday: 30 minutes, 1.81 miles, walk @ 3.0 pace, run @ 4.0 pace(60 second sprints) last sprint at 6.0
Saturday: 26 minutes, 1.91 miles, walk @ 3.7 pace, run @ 5.2 pace( 120 second sprints), last sprint at 7.0

Shay Sorrell from Biggest Loser a couple of seasons ago told me that increasing my incline or just .1 on speed each week would help me get better. I am banking on that! Monday I will be running 3.2 miles on the treadmill. I might have to stop since I took about a month off of working out, but the goal is to run the entire thing. Tomorrow will be another busy day, but workouts will be done, and I can't wait!

calorie deficit: 1124

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

1 comment:

  1. One other interesting tidbit on treadmill incline is that they say if you use at least a 1% incline it better simulates outdoor running. For people who use I treadmill I recommend that because it will help running outside not seem quite as hard when you get back outdoors. There are some great sites that show you the actual pace conversions once you turn on elevation. Great job!

    ReplyDelete