Friday, October 1, 2010

tuesday and last day of C25K!!

I finished the second night of watching the twins from 11pm-7am. It went well, but had a little trouble being awake the whole time, so I think I did a 20 minute doze at one point. My back was bothering me, so I went to the chiropractor, and then home and slept for 7 hours, it was great. I didn't have to be anywhere until 8pm, so I did the dishes and some laundry, made my meals, it was great. I knew the week would be a little crazy with the overnight job and working 4 afternoons too, so I wanted to take advantage of the time at home.

I planned on doing all of my crunches and push ups, but just didn't do everything...results below.

I knew that I had to run, so I finally went out into the 98 degree heat and went to the gym. I decided that as much as I like to use the machine at 24 hour fitness, I would just use the treadmill at the gym where I live. I got there, and started my walk, and my iPod died!! I can't believe I forgot to charge it. Oh well, I know that some events like the 5K don't allow them, so I just dealt with it. I mean, seriously, what was I going to do, say "oh, my ipod is dead, I can't run?" I don't think so. Today was my last 30 minute run on the C25K program, and I wanted to finish it so bad! About 3 minutes into my run, I just felt tired and really didn't want to run, but the dream of completing this "task" and hitting my goal of doing the entire program outweighed the discomfort and lack of desire I had to not run. So, I dug down deep and just ran, and ran, and ran until I got to 5 minutes left, then I had to really just mentally pass the hurdle. I started to talk to myself, reminding myself of what I am working for, reminding myself that if I quit, I was going to throw away all of those 25 minutes that I ran, and have to do this run another day. Okay, that clinched it for me, I didn't want to do it all over again. So, then I started to look around the gym at all of the people and some thoughts occurred to me, and I thought that I would share them with you...

I was looking at all of the people and I just started to think about Vanity. Most people say, "oh, it will be great if I look better, but I just want to be healthy" right? I see these people lifting weights, they are a healthy weight, and they look in the mirrors in the gym, and their muscles getting bigger. That isn't to be healthier, it's about the way they look. Now, I'm not trying to just say "those people" because I want my body to look a certain way too. I mean if it was all about just being healthy, then people would just eat healthier, and not buy all the food that is unhealthy, right? I'm not really sure why I wanted to bring this up, besides that it was just something that was interesting that I noticed. What are your thoughts on this, or are you just thinking..so, what's the point? I think that my point is that maybe we can all be a little more honest about the whole thing, and admit that it is about more than just feeling and being healthy, it's about the results of how we will look that often push us out of our comfort zone to do the real hard work in the gym.

Then I went to my meeting and then headed to the overnight job again. I was soo tired, and basically sat in the big recliner in between diapers and feedings and dozed in and out until about 4 or 5 in the morning.

I got an email tonight that said now that my cruise is paid for, I need to pick 5 workouts with various trainers on different days/times that I would prefer on the cruise!! I will do it on Wednesday night, it's due by Friday!!


my stats:
did 110 wall push ups, bent knee push ups and crunches carried over to Wednesday.
calories burned: 2876
calories consumed:1843
calorie deficit: 1033

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment