Sunday, October 17, 2010

ththththursday....sleeep issue

The sleep thing has really caught up with me. I really don't remember this day much, except that I worked 7:15am-9:15am, went and returned items to 3 stores, purchased 2 shirts at another store, took a 15 min nap, then to work from 12-7:30. Work was really busy since the kids got out early. there were play dates, after school sports, laundry, straightening up around the house..crazy!! I am usually helping this family on Mondays and thursdays 1-6, but this week, the parents are traveling, so I am helping 4 days, and the hours are now until 7:30 or so. That also means that I am preparing dinner. Well, tonight I made a ginger stir fry for them. my mom's amazing recipe!! I forgot my gluten free tamari, so I couldn't even eat it, luckily, I brought other food for my dinner. it was nice to cook for more than just me. I cut up everything earlier in the day, so the process was easier when it came to cooking it. 2 of the 3 enjoyed the dinner, the youngest said she didn't, but trying things isn't her strong suit :)

After I left there, I dropped off the leftovers with my mom since the kids weren't going to be around to eat them the next couple of days, then I went home, and was tired, but needed to unwind. cleaned up the kitchen and did some laundry, I think. Didn't get in bed at planned time, and i had to be up early on Friday too. More sleep deprivation..this will be a problem on Friday for sure.

what I am learning from this schedule is that I DO indeed need my sleep. I feel better when I get my sleep, and I am more productive and happy when I get my sleep. I have always neeed my sleep from the time I was little, but got used to just getting by on the sleep that I could get. Yes, there will always be times when your sleep schedule gets totally out of whack, but for the most part, my schedule after I get back from the cruise will for sure be more detailed so that I get my work outs and sleep. It is like I talked about the other day, and what I have always known, but been bad at implementing it: I need to balance everything in my life better, to be healthier and happier. I do have to earn money to survive day to day, but I can make sure that I can get better sleep, even if that means cutting out a work out to do so.

My stats:
4 hours of sleep
calories burned:
calories consumed:
calorie deficit:

Learning and growing into a heathier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment