Monday, October 4, 2010

Still bogged down, but more rested

I feel much more rested and plan to take on running again tonight. I had no work until about 4pm, had to leave by 3pm...but since I got up around 10am, I didn't think I had a ton of time to do things. In retrospect, I did, but I got up, slow to wake up, breakfast, lunch, dishes, laundry( I really need to get more work out clothes), and answering emails. In writing this, it sounds like excuses. I planned to work out after the job ended at 9pm, so wasn't really too worried about working out. I was thinking, cool, I can prepare my meals, get a few things done to be ready for Sunday and the rest of the week. BUt, I think I ended up turning on the computer and got sucked in to doing things that I didn't need to focus on. I think, I was still trying to avoid writing that email to the job on Friday, and was distracting myself with everything that I could.

I went to work that night, and it was great. I got to see the girls that I was a nanny for, for 4.5 years, and we had a great time. We talked about me doing the "race" AKA 5K, we talked about me working out, eating healthy. But I also had to be careful not to talk about weight too much and things like that, because as young girls, I want the focus for them to be on a healthy lifestyle...not on a number that is your weight. I planned to be done at about 9, but ended up being done after 10. It was totally fine, but it through off my plans a bit.

Once home, I got dressed and headed to the gym. It was hard again, but I pushed through for awhile, and was determined to complete it. Then, out of nowhere, i got a cramp on my right side. I never get cramps anymore..uggg. I thought, fight through it, it will pass. But, it didn't pass, it kept hurting more, a couple of minutes went by, I ketp telling myself, if this happens in the 5K, you're not going to stop, but, it got hard to run, I had to stop. However, I went down to a walk, and it started to get a bit better. I increased my walking speed to 3.7 and increased my incline to 1.0, and finished the 30 minutes that way. I then went home, took my shower and went to bed. I knew that I had things I wanted to accomplish on Sunday, and I knew that I needed to be at work at 11pm for overnight with the twins, so sleep would be important.

my stats:
calories burned: 2813
calories consumed:
calorie deficit:

I am starting to figure things out. I'm not perfect at this, and I know that I will never be, but what I do know is that even when I have a day that didn't meet my expectations, or I didn't put all that I felt was important to put into it, I am still learning from it and trying to figure out why, so that in the future, hopefully I will be able to reflect on it and make a different decision.

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment