Monday, October 4, 2010

sleepy sunday

It is now 3:30am on Monday, and I have moved forward more tonight than I did, physically, all day. I haven't mentioned push ups and crunches much because I haven't been doing them each day. I think that Sunday night I realized that with all that I had going on, I bit off more than I could chew in my expectations of what i could do physically. Don't get me wrong, there was the time available for me to get them done, but physically I was so drained, it was to much. If I try and take on too much, and I don't accomplish it, I don't want to feel totally defeated and slide backwards. So, this week, i did all of my wall push ups, 4 of the 7 days of bent knee push ups and only 2.5 days of the crunches. Oh, I just remembered that on Friday, I used that machine where you support your weight on your elbows, put your back against the pad, and then lift your knees--it helps your abs. I did my personal best of 9. So, I am going to repeat this week's "goal" of how many crunches, and push ups. It is silly to move on when I haven't mastered a level. When I finish with this post, I plan to enter all of my food for the days that i missed this past week, and then make up some daily schedules that are realistic, with sleep, workout and eating times. I will post one day at a time up where I can see it each morning. I will focus on one day at a time, not look ahead to the entire week. I will also make sure that I post to the blog every day. I planned on bringing my portable hard drive tonight to this job so that I could post some pictures, but forgot it. Tomorrow, I will get more pictures of me, for this weigh in that I have in the morning, if for some reason I can't, I will post as many pictures as I can so you can see, finally. I have not been putting my goals right in front of me, to make them my key focus every day. That will change this week.

Today I didn't work out, but I did do some research/dream building online regarding the cruise. I have decided that I will do one excursion each of the 2 days that I can. They run $39 to $59 per excursion. I am trying to decide which ones to do. If any of you have suggestions, let me know. The one I am considering the most is in Nassau, Bahamas and it is a sailboat ride and snorkeling. I didn't really think much about clothes for the cruise, I don't really want to spend a ton of money on clothing that I won't have very long, and I won't really wear much. However, I know that i need to get a couple of pairs of shorts and a few more work out items since the ones that I have are starting to fall apart. I have a swim suit, though it's not great, it will work.

I took a 3 hour nap today, to get a jump on this overnight job that will mess with my sleeping habits again for a couple of days. I also sent that email that I needed to send, and by doing that, I got a new found energy and accomplished many things at home that I needed to do. I keep thinking about how much I would have done if I had written it sooner. I am still not done with all that I need to take care of in my apartment, I have things scattered all over, and as you know from previous posts, that is really hard for me. Some of it is stuff to sell on craigs list, I still have that stack of clothes that are too big to get rid of and some stuff I need to put in my patio storage. These are things to accomplish this week along with 3 runs, some biking, swimming and weights. It is a new week, and I have some goals to hit before the cruise.

Oh, I never hit a 1900 calorie deficit this week, so I didn't watch the biggest loser. I really wanted to watch it, but if I don't hit the goal, I don't get to. So, this week, when I hit 1900, I will watch last week's, and when I hit it again, I will watch this week's.

I will print out this post so that I stay on track with these goals. I know there will be some challenges that I don't anticipate,I know there will be a funeral to attend this week, but not sure which day, I know that I will have added jobs that I will have to rearrange my schedule for. I also know that if i make excuses for not doing the things that I have talked about here, then I am quitting on the commitments that I have made not only to you, but to myself. I can't look the people I love in the eye and tell them that they aren't worth a little pain on my part, and I can't do it to myself anymore. We are all worth more than that.

my stats:
calories burned:2051---yikes..can you tell it was a sedentary day?!?!!
calories consumed:
calorie deficit:

learning and growing into a healthier me!!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment