Saturday, October 9, 2010

tuesday through Friday

It is Saturday, and I am blogging for the week. Planning for the cruise, work this week,trying to figure out work for next week, and all finances for the month has sort of taken control of my life. I am feeling tired today, and I won't get a ton of sleep, which has been challenging. I am sort of trying to figure out how to make all of this work. I need to take the jobs that I am offered, especially this month because I will have 6 days with no work while I am on the cruise. But, my sleep and work out schedule has not been what I want it to be and what it needs to be to hit my goals. I worked overnight on Tuesday night after my meeting, but as able to catch some sleep on Wednesday, and that night, I ran. I have run just 2 times this week, and those are the only work outs that I have done. I have done my crunches and push ups, except tonight..oh, and last night. My run the other night was great! I ran for 30 minutes, for a total of 2.27miles. the last 10 minutes, I increased my speed to 4.6. I also did weights that night too. My legs were sore, surprisingly, but I'm glad sort of because I could tell that I worked my muscles well.

Also this week, on Friday, I attended a funeral for my friend's husband. I knew him, and he was one of the most genuine people ever! I never really spent all that much time with him, but in the times that I have, in person and on the phone, he made me feel as if I were the only person in the room. He was only 57, I think. It was a terrible thing, and it was sudden. In these situations in the past, I would dive right in and see what I could do. This situation, the same was true..however, in the past, a week or two later, I would start to mentally process all of it, it would affect my sleeping and eating schedule. What is so cool is that I did that already. I worked through it, and have put my focus on me and my health, and talking to the people in my life that I care about..and I feel healthier after this. I hope that with me being in a better place mentally that I will be able to help my friend through this as much as she needs.

I am looking at the schedule for the next 10 days leading up to the cruise. I am working just one overnight, possibly 2 or 3 if I am asked, plus 3 mid day dog walks, a leadership seminar and 40 hours of work at various homes. The great news is that the bulk of the hours are early in the week, and I have everynight after 8pm free, along with only 7 hours on Friday, and none on Saturday and Sunday as of now. So, I will go to the gym on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at about 9pm, and thursday night closer to 10pm. Tuesday will be about 10:30, and Sunday I plan to get 2 in.

I am also able to sleep in every day except Friday!! I also have a high school friend coming in from out of town on Sunday, so making time for that will be important to me too.

Saturday morning and Sunday are free, so I plan to do all last minute shopping for the cruise that I didn't accomplish during the free day time hours during the week.

I have been good about logging my food on paper, but not good about putting in online in my bodybugg program. However, tomorrow I will get that all entered. I will only give you guys my average for the week next tiem that I blog. I don't think that I hit a 1900 calorie deficit any day this week, so I am still 2 weeks behind on biggest loser. I would love to see them all before my cruise, but making time for TV, even the Biggest Loser isn't my top priority this week expecially. I plan to work to hit 1900 deficit every day this week. The day I see it being the biggest problem is on Saturday, but that will probably be my day of rest.

You may be thinking..wow, I don't need to hear her entire schedule, and, you are probably right. However, I guess that I am sharing it with you to help myself work through and prioritize and schedule the time so that I can see in writing how I CAN make it work, if I manage my time well and just focus on my goal.

I don't know if I will hit my goal of 60 pounds before the cruise, but I will by the time I return for sure. I had planned on hitting it much sooner in my journey, but what is really sinking in is that with my work schedule never being the same, I have to make adjustments and make a decision every day to work out, pack my food, get my sleep. I haven't been great at all of those every week, that's for sure, but I am good at staying persistent. I am hoping that the skills and information that I learn on the cruise from experts, the workouts that I get and the people that I meet that are on a similar journey will help me get the rest of the way in a faster, more efficient manner.

I just thought of a couple bonus work out opportunities this week...3 days of walking 2 dogs for 30-60 minutes each time AND on my overnights with the twins, I can do the eliptical machine while the babies sleep..whoo hoo!!!

okay, my eyes are getting really tired.

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment