Tuesday, February 15, 2011

weigh in #32 and C25K is back!!!

...Jump in the shower and the blood starts pumping, out on the street the trafic starts jumpin' with folks like me on the job from 9 to 5...

Okay, I know, I don't work 9-5, and I shower at night, and I can't hear the traffic from my apartment, HOWEVER, you know how your foot starts tapping or you start bouncing when you hear that Dolly Parton song? If you say "no", or don't recognize that song, then you must be really young or from a foreign land. Neither of which is bad, but then you won't really understand how I was feeling today!!

I woke up and didn't really want to get up, I was so nice and cozy in bed, ya know? But then, I remembered my dream, my goal, my commitment to myself and the momentum that I have from so much walking last week and I hopped out of bed.

I weighed in and was +1.2 pounds. It could be any number of things, and I really didn't care. I have refocused on my goals, recommited and next week, that 1.2 pounds will be totally gone plus more!!

I had a great breakfast and left for work. The traffic was insane, but nothing was messing up my mood, it was so fabulous! My morning was not terribly active, but we did have to run and errand and go walk around a store a lot! Then, at the afternoon job, just doing work around the house, I was running everywhere, it was so great! I love when my day is totally active and I know I'm burning a ton of calories. As far as food, my meals were all planned, but I did run out of time, and broke up one of my meals in a strange way. In addition, I ended up getting some iced tea that had some caffeine in it, and that gave me a boost too! I knew that I had to run some errands on the way home, so of course, there was more walking!!!

I got home much later than planned and had to eat dinner.. later than planned also, that was disappointing, but knew I needed more food. I really wanted to just take a shower and go to bed, but I knew that I made a commitment to myself to start the couch to 5K program(C25K) again. I know that I can do a 5K, I have done 3, but it has been quite awhile since I ran because of my injury, then later because of not being motivated. So, I decided to gradually get my running strength back, I would start this program again. So, on Day 1, if you don't remember from when I did it before, I run 60 seconds/walk 90 seconds and alternated for 20 minutes. I ran at 4.6 for most of the runs, and walked at 3.6. I was feeling pretty good about it. What is great is that when I started this program before, it was so challenging and scary to get through just one minute of running, and today, I didn't really feel too fatigued, but my breathing sure does need some work! Sooo happy that I did it!! Oh, and I got to use my treadmill that is in my apartment, I loved it and I was so thankful to Lisa and Matt for giving it to me!

I have packed my meals for tomorrow and have entered them in my bodybugg online so that I know how many calories I need to burn for the day. You can probably notice the time, and realize that there is no way that I will get in my 7-8 hours of sleep. I am disappointed about that, but with everything done, stress will be reduced and thus my journey will be better.

Oh, here are my stats for the day..they are pretty good for only 30 minutes of working out!

water--- I drank 144 ounces!!
calories burned:3389
calories consumed:1719
calorie deficit:1670 (that's almost half of a pound!!)

Learning and growing into a healthier me!!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment