Thursday, February 10, 2011

restful sleep and some GREAT quotes

After my marathon work schedule, I'm sure you can imagine, last night I SLEPT really well!!

It was not an extraordinary day in my journey, because all I did was work, eat, take a bath(while I watched episode 3 of biggest loser on my laptop) and sleep. At my afternoon job, I did play a bit at the park with the boy I was watching, but nothing major.

Since I don't have much to post, I thought I'd just post a bunch of quotes that I have been picking up lately that I will be posting on my wall at home this weekend...They seem to help me, so thought you might enjoy them. If not, make today your masterpiece, you have control over that!!

"We are what we do repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit"-Aristotle

"Chaos and opportunity are born of the same thing"

"more people have purpose in their life when they see your example"

"What have we learned to tollerate because we are done being stuck and doing the same thing over time?" (have we gotten comfortable in our rut?)

"Awareness is the greatest agen for change"-Eckhart Tolle

"Ultimately, teh only power to which man shoulr aspire is taht which he exercises over himself"-Elle Wiesel (I think I got this from Hoss' blog)

The following come from a book I am reading by Brian P. Moran author the 12 week year) through my business, but I see that I can apply so much to this journey too!

"It's not what you know; it's not even who you know; it's what you implement that counts."

"you can't build a reputation on what you're going to do"

"the nottion that there is plenty of time in a year has a detrimental effet on performance."

"Ultimately effective execution happens daily and weekly"

"A deadline is a terrific motivator. The most active time is just before somethign is due" (I must add that unfortunately, in moving towards a healthier weight, you can't wait until the last day to do the work. It is a daily commitment)

"in a 12-week year there is clearly no time to put off or procrastinate"

"...you can increase your current results by up to 4 times or more! Not by working harder but by focusin on the activites that matter most, maintaining a sense of urgency to get those things done, and shedding low-value things that keep you stuck."
(I will add that in a journey towards a weight goal, you will have to work harder also in the gym, but if you apply this to just a healthier lifestyle, focusing on how to do that and doing itI can see huge results!)

"an aspiration or desire means little without a plan to get there"

"Take accountability for your own results--it is the only path to lasting success"

These come from the book, but are by other authors that are noted:

"Always bear in mind taht your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing"-Abraham Lincoln

"Unless commitment is made, there are only promises and hopes; but no plans"-Peter F. Drucker

"Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit"-napoleon Hill

"what you do is create a vision of who you want to be, and then live into that picture as if it were already true"-Arnold Schwarzeneggar in 1976, describing how he planned to become the #1 box office star in Hollywood

If you are still reading, great, hopefully these will help to move you closer any goal you are working towards! The last quote I want to leave you with really speaks to all of us who prefer to have our "ducks in a row", "all planets alligned", however you want to say it. Really, none of that matters at all, the only things that matter are that:

"life happens in the moment"-Brian P. Moran

and what Pema Chondron said:
"Start where you are"

ADDED THURSDAY NIGHT..I FOUND IT ON MY BLOG ON THE SIDE BAR UNDER "FITNESS TIPS OF THE DAY": Surround yourself with people and things that remind you to live a healthy lifestyle.
Learning and Growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment