Tuesday, April 12, 2011

leading up to April 4th....and what I learned...

Okay, okay, I know, it's been almost 2 weeks since I wrote anything. I had every intention of writing back on April 4th, and it just didn't happen.

Let me go back a little bit. I knew that I was going to be weighing in on the 4th after a month of no weigh-ins. So, I really started to push hard on Friday, Saturday and Sunday leading up to it. One of the days I even had a 2000 calorie deficit!! I was getting excited. I knew that IF I moved closer to my goal, it would only be a small amount. My clothes were the same fit as when the month started, and a bit more snug than when I went on the cruise. Well, guess what..a big, fat ZERO as far as weight change goes. It was good that I didn't gain, don't get me wrong, but no loss just kinda stunk! It put me in a bit of a funk, even though I kind of expected it.

During the month I was trying to see what was working for me, how often to eat, closer meals with fewer calories, what workouts are most effective for me. What did I learn? A few things..

1. though I am hungry before I hit 4 hours, that won't kill me, and it doesn't mean that I need to eat closer meals. It just means that I need to change the foods that I am eating so that my body is more satisfied

2-I need sleep 7-8 hours. I knew that, but I could really see the difference in coordination, concentration and productivity when I got less sleep.

3-Yoga in the morning makes EVERYTHING better in my day, and I feel more balanced!

4-I need to feed not only my body, but my heart. What I mean is that even when I am pushing for a goal, I need to have time with or talking to the people that I care about in my life.

5-having carbs in the morning is very, very important to me feeling satisfied.

6-veggies at at least 3 of my 4 meals makes me feel more balance.

7-Training using the C25K thing or running for extended periods of time is not somethign that my body can handle at this point in time.

8-I need a support system and I need to talk to the people that are supporting me on this journey on a regular basis.

I'm sure there is more, but for now, these seem to be the most important in my brain.


Thanks for sticking with me!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
Cindy LOu

No comments:

Post a Comment