Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sabra, Oh Wise One....with a huge heart for people

Well, this blog has been over a week in the making. It has been challenging fo rme to write, even though I have wanted to tell you all so much!!

Well, after an entire month of not weighing in, you saw that I weighed in and there was no change in my weight, right? Well, it had been awhile since I talked to the amazing Sabra. She had just been so busy, and we hadn't really connected in awhile. I saw a post she made on FB, and I contacted her..she asked if we could talk by phone and that turned into a 3 hour conversation..and taht was the turning point in my journey!

Let me refresh your memory on Sabra...On the wellness cruise..you know, the one that I have failed to write about in fear of not being able to do it justice..it's getting written this week, it's eating at me!!! I am leaving out tons of cruise details below, becasue this is about Sabra!!

Okay, back to Sabra. So, day 2 of the cruise, We went to this amazing island, it was so beautiful!!! I took the tender over and that is where I met Hoss!! I went over and watched some tug-o-war going on. Sabra, Allison, Nikki, Tysa were all there. Well, after, thre was some talking then Sabra and I started to talk and walk. This is a moment that has changed my life and my heart forever. We ended up talking the rest of the day and spent the majority of the cruise together from that point on. What a blessing to my life!!!! Let me say that without Sabra, the cruise would have been very different. So, the day of the 5K on the ship came. Everyone was saying, you got this, it's not a big deal, stop worrying. they were right, but i was nervous. Sabra and I wanted to see a singer that we saw on the beach, so we started to watch, but I was too fidgety..I told her to enjoy the music, I just had to run the 5K. Now Sabra is a personal trainer, she is amazing and she has run marathons and helped others learn how to run them too. She knows what she is doing when it comes to fitness!! Well, I started the race, was doing pretty well, but the heat and humidity ws killing me. We had to do 9 laps around the ship to complete a 5K. I was getting to the end of lap 3, I looked to my left where people wer sitting, and who was sitting there...SABRA!!!!!!! She really wanted to see Missy Higgins sing again, so I was shocked to see her. I just met her a couple days before!! Okay, I put up my fingers to indicate "3 laps done" and she smiled and nodded I think. Okay, lap after lap, there she was, cheering me on. I got to the end of lap 8..she is still there. I indicate it is #8, and hold up a finger for "1 more to go". I was dying at this point..it was mainly the heat. Sabra put down her things, and got up and said "let's go, you got this, I'll run the last one with you." Tears are filling my eyes right now just typing this. In that moment, I knew that Sabra would be in my heart and my life forever. Not sure that she knew it, but I think she does these days. We ran the last lap together, it was hard, and honestly, not sure how I would have done it without her support and encouragement. I tell this story to people all of the time, because someone like Sabra needs to be talked about. Well, the 9th lap ended..there was no water..she said, "walk a lap, i'll get you some water" and she stopped...as I walked my lap, i began to cry, very hard and kept thinking "I did it!! and Sabra is the most amazing person ever!! I am so blessed."

So, now you know the back ground of Sabra..let me tell you why she is now known to me as "Sabra, Oh wise one" in addtion to "Sabra, the chick with a huge heart for people".

So, like I said, we reconnected, and the next day I had the no weight change weigh-in. This was about 2 weeks ago. WEll, she texts me the next day and says to text her every meal that I consume. "what?? you are kidding me, that's too much work for you, that's not fair to you!" her reply was something simple like, "Yes it is, plese do it, it's not a big deal"..umm..okay...yeah...not a big deal for you to anylize my meals? it's the biggest hassle of my life to think about all the food stuff, but you're the expert, and have never led me astray..sooo, I told her, "Okay, I will do it". So, the week goes by, and I have a new focus, a new drive, I have Sabra in my life more now. I know, sounds so strange, but that is it. that is the reason. I was making sure I got my 7-8 hours, I was eating every 4 hours, and it wasn't a chore, I was working out, and wasn't thinking..uggg, I don't want to(okay, there were a couple times I thought that). On friday of that week, I had to drop my car off for some work..so, I thought, cool, I have the day off, I will walk home..it's about 3-4 miles. I ended up runnign errands, picking up some groceries and carried in my back pack and Sabra asked something that was great. "do you have a heart monitor?" my reply, "nope". I didn't want to spend money or giftcards or anythign like that on another "health thing" is what I was thinking to be honest. But, when your coach/mentor who has the results that you want and knows how to get them AND is teaching you how to get them, you listen and do what they say, right? So, i stopped at the sporting goods store on the way home. I will write more about heart monitors in next blog.

So, I have the tools, a great support system(another blog to come about that) and the most amazing coach a person could ask for!!

Sabra has the ability to listen to my challenges and help me work through them. She listens to me and really supports me and encourages me, it is so nice to be reconnected with such an amazing person!!

Oh, the results on 4/11/11...I moved 3.8 pounds closer to my goal!! Thank you, Sabra!!!

I looked up the name "Sabra" to see what it's meaning was. I got a lot of different things, and many fit the Sabra that I knew, but these seemed to capture her the best...

This name has given you an interest in people.
The name Sabra creates the urge to understand others.
The name of Sabra makes you quick-minded, versatile, and very expressive.

I think her name fits her!!!

To me, the name Sabra means hope and help and heart for people. I feel that helping people accomplish their health goals is her calling in life, and one day, the world will know this too! She is an incredible blessing in my life!!!

Thank you, Sabra, for all of your gifts and all that you add to my life!!

Learning and growing into a healthier me!
~Cindy Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment